Why become a member? ×

ACG 4 String Build

zbd1960

Well, "next day delivery" wasn't "next day", but anyway it has arrived. It's unfortunate that it coincided with me being stupidly busy with a mix of course work and sax workshops (please read carefully... 🙂).

It is stunning in the flesh. I've snapped a few pics with my phone, but I'm goign to do a proper product shoot in the studio with it as soon as I can, so I will post some decent pics in due course. 

IMG_9071.thumb.JPG.f6eb72de811131def5295f9c712c6d2e.JPGIMG_9063.thumb.jpeg.076db94e9378ecadeb1748f892b6eeb0.jpeg

Edited by zbd1960
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, zbd1960 said:

I've always wanted something made from purple heart ever since I saw antiques programmes years ago talking about marquetry and purple heart aways came up as being stunning etc.  

It's an incredible looking wood. I went for a bit of it on my fretless 6er. Same accent veneer like yours, and I went for a BIG chunk of it in the middle of the neck and also mixed up in the fretlines too. >>

image.thumb.png.7927121ba712d09d0a255bb0354d8fa6.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very pleased with the ACG Krell. I don't have particularly long arms. I've always found the Fender Jazz a bit of a handful - it's a bit of a stretch and uncomfortable for me near the nut. 

The Krell is 32" scale rather than 34" and I think with the way the bridge is positioned as well, it just makes everything much more comfortable. I no longer feel like I'm stretching to reach the low end. 

As soon as I've got some time, I will post up some better photos.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...