Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Drive

Guest BassAdder27

Following on from my Sub Feature question I think for filling my sound out perhaps using the Drive ON / OFF would be better 

I could add the drive during guitar solo parts to fill the sound out a bit more and if I recall you get a small volume lift when engaging the Drive on the ABM and RM 

Only downside is I lose the ABM drive ( set as minimal ) during normal play but that maybe less noticeable 

In the past when I played my SVT Classic I also ran a SanSamp pedal into the front for added grit during guitar solo sections 

That’s what I did in my last band which was a 3 piece. A sort of cross between Duff McKagan & Lemmy, fills out the sound nicely. Add in a bit of compression on the amp then in solos just dig in harder, the compression acts like a limiter in not allowing the volume to raise but the drive increases a tad, further filling out the sound.

13 hours ago, Stofferson said:

I would love if @Ashdown Engineeringdid a standalone valve drive stomp box that I could have on a bigger breakup setting.

The originAL preamp pedal for some reason has this. Youd think its be the same as the abm pre amp section but it isnt (well, mine wasnt anyway). It has much much more drive and break up in it. So much, it was difficult to tame. But sounded great.

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, la bam said:

The originAL preamp pedal for some reason has this. Youd think its be the same as the abm pre amp section but it isnt (well, mine wasnt anyway). It has much much more drive and break up in it. So much, it was difficult to tame. But sounded great.

Yeah, must be voiced differently, the pedal is awesome but bit large for me just to use it for the valve section alone 🙂