Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Red Ripper -SOLD
£140
MORECAMBE

lee650

Up for you Dirt Connoisseurs, I'm offering my Mint condition Red Ripper. a very very versatile and dynamic synthy fuzz/distortion. 

It features a well voiced 3 band EQ and is all Analog. The magic lies in the the RIP control which when used in conjunction with the gain control can give lots of fuzz tones.

This pedal can cover big muff fuzz, but with the ability to add mids (bass and treble too)

It is also very touch sensitive,So it can get that moog like tone on lower gain like a 3 leaf Doom or aggressive quasi envelope filtered tones like a prunes and custard.

Put the RIP and the gain up high,and it goes into brassmaster territory,giving industrial sounding octave up tones,perfect for Muse like tones.

It also cleans up very well to,so with the gain and RIP down you can get a very pleasing and dynamic overdrive. All in all a very useful one stop solution to OD/Distortion/fuzz.

This pedal is brand new! It has no dings or scratches whatsoever and other than I have added high quality Velcro,this is as it left the factory 10/10 condition with the Tin (I believe Tech21 don't use these anymore) and all the box candy. I have put this on a board,but haven't used it other than at home.

SOLD!!!

Link to Tech21 page

https://www.tech21nyc.com/archive/red-ripper/

received_1530779560586701.jpeg

received_365059098265580.jpeg

received_3893017444143139.jpeg

received_301705201339764.jpeg

received_819170242039198.jpeg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 2

@Kolossusuk

It would certainly work wonders,filling out your tone,while the guitarist solos. It can be set as a very thick regular fuzz (A la Big muff) but retain dynamics (less fuzz when you play softer, more balls and dirt when you dig in).

As fair as retaining your basses tone, it doesn't have a clean blend, although with the EQ It is not short on bottom end. I have ran this on my board with a Boss LS2 which can add your clean signal and I can honestly say,having the clean in,doesn't necessarily sound bigger! although It is nice if you play softly to give the tone you described (clean sound,with a hint of distortion running parallel)

With the gain set lower, it does clean up and yiur basses natural tone,will be more present, but as I said it doesn't have a clean signal.

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic