Gardenerben

Sold - Lakland US Classic 44-64 Black Maple
£1750
Newbury (ish) or Peterborough (ish)

1 hour ago, Gardenerben said:

For Sale or trade my US Lakland Classic 44-64 with Geezer EMG Pups.

I purchased this second hand from guitar guitar, it's in very good condition. The Lakland US necks really do feel as good as people say, this one is 43.60mm at the nut and has an alder body with maple board. 

EMG's GZR's certainly seem an upgrade to me for power and clarity but also included are the original Lakland pups and loom. Comes with mint, perloid & black scratch plates, the bevel on the mint is less than perfect (didn't know my OCD was this bad) so I had a black one made by Sims guitars who did a great job. Now they have a CAD file for the guard you can get a discount should you wish to have a further guards made up (Tort??).

Weight on kitchen scales is 3897g and I was quoted 3.8KG by the shop so pretty sure that's the ballpark.

The overall condition is very good, going over it with a fine toothed comb I have spotted a couple of tiny sub 1mm blemishes on the body but only visible at 'that' one angle and can't really get a pic of them, attempt with finger below. The neck looks and feels flawless. I will try and get some better over all pics but just getting reflections at the moment.

Original Lakland hard case included so shipping is possible if fully insured. Meet or collection following appropriate guidelines preferred though.

Trades wise, for a keeper it is likely to be: 4 string, under 4Kg weight, sub 42mm at the nut and back of the neck would be blemish free to the touch. Happy to listen to alternative trade offers and could add cash for the right instrument. 

My Feedback

PXL_20210402_101413933.jpg

PXL_20210402_101423858.jpg

PXL_20210402_101736681.jpg

PXL_20210402_101620185.jpg

PXL_20210402_101951623.jpg

PXL_20210402_102659473.jpg

PXL_20210402_112445751.jpg

PXL_20210402_111556007.jpg

PXL_20210402_102112722.jpg

PXL_20210402_102050760.jpg

PXL_20210402_102029250.jpg

PXL_20210402_113023746.jpg

Lovely

Everyone on here should do nut measurement photo's :)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rollo
      Hey Folks ! 
      For sale or trade : a Sumptuous Warwick Thumb NT 6 CS Masterbuilt Nirvana Black Stain High Polish in mint condition, just a very slight mark towards the input jack.
      If you're looking for the ultimate Thumb with stunning build and massive sound, you've come to the right place. With its EMG 45P pickup set, it's full of growl and grunt, but it's also super versatile, while keeping a big, Warwick-like personality.
      It cuts the mix and has very, very deep bass.
      The bass is in pristine condition and sounds as good as you would expect from a Masterbuilt Warwick.

Here are the characteristics:
      Body: Bubinga Pommelé (front & back)
      Neck : 5-piece wenge
      Fingerboard: Tigerstripes Ebony (BEAUTIFUL)
      Tuning Machines : Schaller with ebony heads
      Nut : Just-A-Nut III Adjustable Brass
      Inlays : Fluorescent Side Dots
      Radius : 26 ’
      Scale : 34 ’
      Neck width at nut : 45.0 mm / 1.8 ’
      Neck Width at 12th Fret : 60.8mm / 2.4 ''
      Neck width at 24th fret : 69.11mm / 2.7 ''
      Frets: 26 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard)
      (width: 2.9 mm / height: 1.3 mm)
      IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology
      Curved Body Shape
      Pickups: EMG 45P (inverted coils Pbass pickups, as at MTD or Spector)
      Electro: MEC 3 bands active
      Knobs: Volume & Balance stacked P / P active / passive / Mid / Treble & Bass stacked
      Bridge: 2 piece solid Brass Warwick CNC Routed
      Strap system: Warwick security locks
      Construction: Hidden neck
      High Polish Finish
      Hardware: Chrome
      Weight: 5.6kg
      Original armored Warwick (very)hardcase.
      Price: € 3,700 (New value around € 7,000)

The video presentation of this bass by Warwick:

An idea of the sound of this type of pickups on a Thumb:

All the pics in HD : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zOBBAUouJDDchxwrETOJALxL0V-QZ7OH?usp=sharing

A little soundclip (bass only without any effect) : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F5n2T7HQpLh5H2gXLEBJO7cQYRYcXLAE?usp=sharing

I can take more pictures and of course more sound on demand.

For trades I am super open-minded, fretted and fretless from the 4 to the 7 strings, you can try me.
      Rather right now looking for a modern American sound but I'm sooo weak ...

Do not hesitate for any other information.
      My Feedback :

Now, pics :

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So today a new EMG Geezer Butler P pickup arrived with the mail service and I have just installed it, tested and adjusted it properly this evening.

The old one from a P/J Geezer Butler set had developed an issue, from previously being dead quiet it suddenly begun to hum slightly when my skin was not being in contact with the bridge ground, and I tracked down the issue to being the lower pole piece of the pair under the D string.

Whenever I touched that pole piece it would start making crackling noises, now this wouldn't be much of an issue in it self, but I assume the culprit, rather than being that that pole piece somehow having lost ground connection, was caused by the pole piece actually somehow having come slightly in touch with the hot circuit of the pickup, since I have also lately been suffering from unexplainable sudden rather drastic tone changes, one moment my tone sounding absolutely awesome, well articulated, and super snappy and punchy, the other really thin and anemic, and then suddenly muddy and unclear, and after going through my setup having ruled out everything else as being the possible course.

Well, good new's is it seems like my spontaneous tone changing issue has indeed been solved, and in return my setup is almost dead quiet, even without my skin being in contact with the bridge ground, just like before my old Geezer P pickup suddenly went faulty.

I suspect the issue might have been caused one of the times I soldered or de-soldered the pickups, perhaps leaving the heat from the solder iron on a bit too long, when I was experimenting with using a DiMarzio Model P pickup instead, that while also sounding awesome, very full, ballsy and punchy, wasn't quite as dynamically responsive, articulated and clear sounding as the Geezer, why I went back to that.

Here the new Geezer P is, installed in my main Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass, wired directly to the output jack socket (yes, I swapped the stock barrel type jack socket out for a regular front mounted one. And yes, the strings are rather thin for a bass. It is gauge .090 - .072 -.054 - 0.40 strings, tuned to F# standard tuning, as in 2 half steps above regular 4 string bass E standard tuning) :

Sounds absolutely as awesome as I knew it would.
    • By dave84
      Here you will find a complete sound test of the Fender Precision American Performer for those who want to hear all the nuances of the passive American Precision PJ .. I hope it will be useful especially to those who were considering the purchase of this bass! 😉 https://youtu.be/eNECPg6ztdg
    • By HumblePie
      Superb bass, custom made in Markneukirchen.
       I got this bass in a trade and enjoyed it very much. Due to a permanent switch to fretless bass, I am selling this very special instrument.
      Mint condition.
      Half the price of a new one (£6,000/6,500).
      https://shop.warwick.de/en/instruments/electric-basses/warwick-masterbuilt/thumb/thumb-nt/20511/warwick-masterbuilt-thumb-nt-6-string-natural-oil-finish
      The specs:
      Six strings Schaller Machine Heads with wooden knobs Just-A-Nut III Brass Neck Wood: Wenge neck, 5 laminates Fretboard: Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard Fluorescent Side Dots Fingerboard Radius: 26" Scale length: 34"  Width Nut: 45,0 mm / 1.8" - Width 12th fret: 60,8 mm / 2.4" - Width 24th fret: 69,11 mm / 2.7" Fret quantity material and size 26 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (width: 2.9 mm / height: 1.3 mm) - Frets: IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology Body Shape: Curved Body Shape Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): Bubinga Pommelé body Pickups Active EMG soapbar H/H Electronics: Active MEC 3-way electronics Pot layout: Volume & Balance stacked P/P for active/passive / Mid / Treble & Bass stacked Bridge system: 2-piece solid Brass Warwick Bridge Strap system: Warwick security locks Construction: Hidden neck High Polish Finish Hardware colour: Chrome Weight: 5,6 kg Included accessories: Warwick User Kit including hex key tools and Cleaning cloth Certificate: Individually issued certificate of authenticity Original and super solid flightcase.