Why become a member? ×

Feedback for my track.

xgsjx

I'm working on a song that I'd like to properly finish.  I've got a guitarist who's going to redo the lekky guitar parts & I'm gonna redo the acoustic & bass, but I'd like to get feedback from the BC folk on the overall sound.  How can I improve the mix?

I've grouped things together to busses (drums to one, Piano & strings to another, etc) & spent a little time trying to EQ & pan to get things sitting in place, but I feel it could still be better.  Should I take the master bus effects off, bounce it & then properly master it (ir should I master it as it is)?

I'm in the process of writing lyrics & hope to have a good singer for it.

Anyway, here's the track...

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the mix, for my cloth ears. I played it through my monitors, not headphones. As you well know, I'm not even close to being the 'target' for music in this genre, and I'll admit that the 'four bars of this, four bars of that' formula does little for me, but, if I can pass what passes for a compliment from me, it's better (much better...) than some other comps you've punished me with over the months and years. :P Better drums are available, but they do sit correctly in the mix. I agree with the notion of swapping out the 'lecky guitar, especially at the end, but that's just a detail; s'not that bad as it is. All in all, and to answer the question simply, I'd not mess about with the mix, which does its job. B|
Hope this helps. :friends:

Thanks Dad. Hopefully once I get vocals on it, it’ll come together better. 
The guitarist has the track without guitar & I asked him to feel free & either expand on my ideas, or come up with some of his own (he’s good at coming up with good hooks).

Anyway, Oi! What d’you mean “punished” you with!!!!

This month’s entry from me has a tasty female vocal on it. I was told on soundcloud that it’s not deep house, but jazz!  So you should like it. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xgsjx said:

...This month’s entry from me has a tasty female vocal on it. I was told on soundcloud that it’s not deep house, but jazz!  So you should like it. 😂

But why was she stomping on the hollow wooden floor like that..? I really can't imagine listening through that several times while mixing without a steady supply of paracetamol. It's sonic migraine, I tell'ee. :lol:
I wouldn't pay much attention to those Soundcloud sirens' comments anyway; I always get offers for lucrative world-wide distribution posted twelve seconds after it's gone 'live' on mine. I'm still waiting for the cheque. -_-

Edited by Dad3353