Why become a member? ×

Design changes to existing products

la bam

Ok, so it's probably the insanity of not practicing or gigging, but it's got me thinking more and more about what I'd like, and simple changes that could be made.

Specifically for ease of set up, protection of equipment and transportation.

So, I'll start - feel free to add any like quirks youd like to see changed on any amp or cab. I'm not saying its viable to do so, but you never know.

Ashdown RM500 / 800 - the problem I have is that it needs a padded bag, or metal carry case to transport to keep the great front end (and rear) protected. However, it's already housed in a sturdy metal case, why dont they just add lightweight clippable front and back compartments (like with rack cases or the handbox stuff) which can then be just unhinged in a second and ready to play, or likewise put back on in a second and packed away. Add a carry handle to one of the ends and it's even easier to transport.

Just an idea....

27 minutes ago, la bam said:

Ashdown RM500 / 800 - the problem I have is that it needs a padded bag, or metal carry case to transport to keep the great front end (and rear) protected. However, it's already housed in a sturdy metal case, why dont they just add lightweight clippable front and back compartments (like with rack cases or the handbox stuff) which can then be just unhinged in a second and ready to play, or likewise put back on in a second and packed away. Add a carry handle to one of the ends and it's even easier to transport.

Because if it is a metal case, most people are going to put it in a padded bag to stop it getting scratched I would have thought.

But if that is what you want, why not ask them?

A standard plug/socket for pedal connections including signal and power so all you need for a pedal board is to push the pedals down onto the plugs and lock them in place, no visible patch leads required.

Lever operated mute at the bridge of most basses.

A non-slip adhesive backed pad you can fit to any strap.