Why become a member? ×

Sire P10 - it's here!

Al Krow

30 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

It`s nice but I think the pre amp is the same one you get in the sub £300 V3? 

I don`t think I would pay the £1k + these are.

Yeah - another BC mate said it "seems to be an over priced cheap bass"  which completely ties in with your comment! And they have not gone to town with the available finishes either.

Definitely not enough there to entice me away from (or even add to) my Yammy BB PJ. 

I think that when you start to get into that price bracket you really need to have a quality product. Part of the problem for me with expensive Sire`s is we all remember when they came out they were a budget bass and they were exc value but these don`t really do anything for me at that price point.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

As has been said, nice looking, probably good quality but at the price tag you have a lot of other options. Also I suspect the resale value would rather drastically down when other brands might hold value better.

I think that's right. The flip side is that it could be an interesting one to pick up used in 6 to 12 months time. 

• Like 2

On 10/01/2021 at 15:37, jezzaboy said:

I think that when you start to get into that price bracket you really need to have a quality product. Part of the problem for me with expensive Sire`s is we all remember when they came out they were a budget bass and they were exc value but these don`t really do anything for me at that price point.

Totally agree. The whole ethos at the beginning was affordable, quality instruments, which was what the V7 was. Basses like the V9 and V10 make that original sales pitch look quite cynical now.
I wouldn't get rid of my original V7, but I'm in no way interested in the new expensive ranges. As I've said, I'd rather they'd have brought out a P3 to match the V3, or maybe a P5.

• Like 1