Jump to content

Completing your lefty collection


uk_lefty
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

Squier VM jazz.

Cort Action5 5str.

(Ugly unbelievably cheap but necks good really amazing for the money.)

Sire M2 5str 2nd Gen. 

Yamaha 4str Beater .

(downtuned with the Rotosound clothes line thickness strings)

Chowny Retrovibe.

(As close as I'll get to a Geddy Style Rickenbacker. Previous owner put Optima Gold strings on it. A really nice resonant light Bass. Think the pickups let it down a bit)

KSD Proto J 605

(Audere Pre d'addario black tapewounds. Love this Bass despite it being battered/gigged)

Yamaha trb1005j.

(A lovely looking well made Bass as good an instrument as I'll ever need. Maybe a little bland, certainly a bit bloody heavy. So I got the Chowny 😄

 

Some interesting basses there. I nearly bought a Retrovibe once. It was really nice and light, had a big fat tone and played great. I just didn't like the looks. I do regret not buying it though.

 

I had one of the first Sire V7 - great sound and easy to play but the tuners fell to bits (literally) and it wasn't reliable enough to gig so it had to go. Hopefully they've solved that problem by now so I might get one of the short scale Sire basses to try.

Edited by kevham
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/07/2021 at 09:30, kevham said:

Some interesting basses there. I nearly bought a Retrovibe once. It was really nice and light, had a big fat tone and played great. I just didn't like the looks. I do regret not buying it though.

 

I had one of the first Sire V7 - great sound and easy to play but the tuners fell to bits (literally) and it wasn't reliable enough to gig so it had to go. Hopefully they've solved that problem by now so I might get one of the short scale Sire basses to try.

Love the M2 - so light for a five string. I think 7 basses enough (pro-tem). Sires are great but KSD with Audere a good substitute, need to get pickups checked tho ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/07/2021 at 21:36, kevham said:

I've been off basschat for a while. Just catching up with all the lefty news!

 

My current wish list is:

 

1. Spector Bantam

2. Fender Aerodyne Jazz

3. Fender MIJ Precision

 

I've got a new bass being built for me at the moment which has dented my back account severely so I might have to sell something soon....

 

 

 

I got to try an Aerodyne in a Japanese music shop.  One of the best bass sounds I've heard for the "rock" end of the rock n roll spectrum.  You can easily get lefties in Japan, but for some reason they don't export them - or didn't last time I checked.  Interestingly, the models they do export have Strat-style output jacks with knobs flush to the body which I prefer over the standard Jazz jacks/panels on the domestic models.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Agent 00Soul said:

I got to try an Aerodyne in a Japanese music shop.  One of the best bass sounds I've heard for the "rock" end of the rock n roll spectrum.  You can easily get lefties in Japan, but for some reason they don't export them - or didn't last time I checked.  Interestingly, the models they do export have Strat-style output jacks with knobs flush to the body which I prefer over the standard Jazz jacks/panels on the domestic models.

You occasionally see lefty Aerodynes in the UK. Guitar Guitar in Glasgow had one a couple of years ago. I had a shot but couldn't afford it. 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/08/2021 at 15:07, kevham said:

You occasionally see lefty Aerodynes in the UK. Guitar Guitar in Glasgow had one a couple of years ago. I had a shot but couldn't afford it. 😞

There's a few Japan importers, Bass Bros and Gas Station Guitars... I've never bought from either but I see them listing lefty basses on Reverb and Facebook. They do expect £1000 for second hand MIJ Basses though, and that's the bog standard ones!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...