Why become a member? ×

DeGier basses

Progman

Just bought a DeGier BeBop jazz bass. What a fabulous instrument; beautifully made and an incredibly good sound. 35 years as a player had convinced me that I would never find better than my Fodera, but this is outstanding. Look him up online! 

Just had a look on their webby,  and  was  underwhelmed at the models.   Yet the discontinued models,  Origin and Elevation look stunning.

Why discontinue such fabulous looking basses,  with a different look to the standard fare they now have.

I spoke with Sander some time ago about exactly that, he said that he was taking so many more orders for the more 'standard' style basses than he did for the custom ones like the Origin and Elevation that from a business perspective it made sense to discontinue those models, though I dare say he'd still build one as a custom order!

There have been two Origin customs in the FS section here recently which have been two of the nicest looking basses I have ever seen. The green 6 string ad has had all the pics removed and, if it was a 4 string, would be living with me now. It was the same model as this, the other one, This is outrageously nice (but unfortunately fretless). The Fender-alikes do absolutely nothing for me at all but, if it pays the bills, fair enough.

IMG_20200122_132458.jpg