Why become a member? ×

NA&CD EBS Rig

AndyTravis

Held off for a while on this, had to wait for some bits to arrive.

So I’ve used Ashdown exclusively for years, probably since about 2009 - previously I’d used Trace Elliot and then SWR.

I still love Ashdown, think they’re a great company and make some unbelievable stuff. 

Literally just fancied a change.

Initially started looking for a 410 - I Miss that air that a big fat deep cab moves. 

I found @bigthumb was selling an EBS proline 410 and as he’s local, jumped at it.

Then I set about looking for a head. I always fancied a fafner II or TD650 as they look brilliant.

The fact that I don’t have huge amounts of cash was a deciding factor...but there was loads of conflicting opinions on the 650 vs the 350 ve the Reidmar.

Cue a discussion with resident expert @EBS_freak who was really gracious and helpful.

He reminded me that @Dood was selling a Reidmar 750.

A day or so later...here we are.

Very, Very (VERY) loud.

Super clean - but will investigate the settings more at rehearsal as my neighbours are all poorly with Covid19 and I don’t want to disturb them too much.

Enjoying it so far.

0A71D782-0FCC-4CB7-9E4E-8DB27EA8D8CC.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bigthumb said:

Superb! I'm delighted that the cab will get some proper use and not just an ornament in the spare room as it was here. 

My drummer is mega excited - he toured Germany with a guy who was an endorsing artist for EBS about 5/6 years ago “I furkin lurve dat ebs click when der’z slapping” 

• Like 1

FFS...

fancied a blue amp jewel (the “on” light) as EBS seems to use blue in a lot of their stuff.

bought a blue jewel.

arrived...put it on.

The light on the reidmar it’s a yellow LED in there...makes the blue jewel shine yellow 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

FFS...

fancied a blue amp jewel (the “on” light) as EBS seems to use blue in a lot of their stuff.

bought a blue jewel.

arrived...put it on.

The light on the reidmar it’s a yellow LED in there...makes the blue jewel shine yellow 😂😂😂

image.png.f9a4778447421e8c2feeb03dfcef095d.png

Seems that you are not alone!

• Haha 1