Why become a member? ×

Zoom pedal hack - anyone tried it yet?

Earbrass

On 21/09/2023 at 07:36, andruca said:

RainSel (like the LineSel but with a dry/wet balance when on)

question for you - but how does this work?
Could you do something  like full wet reverb into bit crusher on the trails..., and then into this to act as the master dry wet blend? 

Just having another pop at getting the effects manager up & running.  Neither my new Mac Mini nor my very old W10 laptop will allow the program to open.  Dang.  Is it because it’s Russian, and MI6 are preventing me from using it? 🤡

On 09/02/2024 at 11:55, LukeFRC said:

question for you - but how does this work?
Could you do something  like full wet reverb into bit crusher on the trails..., and then into this to act as the master dry wet blend? 

I haven't tried the RainSel, but AFAIK, when you use the stock LineSel effect you just bypass the rest of the chain (after the LineSel) when it's on. With the RainSel it's the same, you just have 2 extra parameters to blend in dry signal (from the input) and wet signal (so far int he chain, remember everything after the RainSel is bypassed). The stock LineSel is simply ment to do the bypassing. You get your sound, as wet as it might be right before the LineSel.

Edited by andruca

On 14/02/2024 at 11:32, andruca said:

I haven't tried the RainSel, but AFAIK, when you use the stock LineSel effect you just bypass the rest of the chain (after the LineSel) when it's on. With the RainSel it's the same, you just have 2 extra parameters to blend in dry signal (from the input) and wet signal (so far int he chain, remember everything after the RainSel is bypassed). The stock LineSel is simply ment to do the bypassing. You get your sound, as wet as it might be right before the LineSel.

So I've a MS70cdr and just tried it out...

Stick it at the end of your chain and you can turn off the whole chain (as per LineSel) .... 
Turned on you can blend clean into effected...

So run a delay into a reverb into a bit crusher - full wet.... and then add the clean in at the end! 

• Like 1