Why become a member? ×

Good comfortable strap recomendations please.

I've got a comfort strap and a Fender leather strap st the moment.

I find them both uncomfortable though, my bass is a bit on the heavy side and I do a lot of playing. Just recently my shoulder has been aching a bit.

The comfort strap tends to sink into my shoulder I'm very skinny you see, and the leather one isn't padded enough.

So I'd like a good one, preferably leather (even though I'm a vegetarian), padded and very comfortable.

Cheers.

[quote name='timloudon' post='435901' date='Mar 16 2009, 11:14 AM']Can I have the number -1, because I'm not a vegetarian?[/quote]
"-1" might suggest you oppose vegetarianism. How about number i, the square root of -1? You'd exist on the same complex plane as the vegetarians, but at right angles to us. Then the vegetarians who oppose eating meat (not me, I hasten to add -- to each their own) can have a "-i" as well, making them something like Vegetarian Bassist Club #5-4i. And the "vegetarians" who eat fish can have a positive imaginary part as well as their real number. Problem solved.

This is where a physics degree gets you these days. Cracking esoteric maths jokes on bass forums. I'll get m'coat.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='435874' date='Mar 16 2009, 10:42 AM']One here too. If this was Talkbass, we'd start handing out "Vegetarian Bassist Club" numbers... :)[/quote]
Why not change your custom member title to [i]'Vegetarian Bassist Club Member #xx'[/i]? People seem to do that for all manner of daft reasons :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rich' post='436045' date='Mar 16 2009, 01:19 PM']Why not change your custom member title to [i]'Vegetarian Bassist Club Member #xx'[/i]? People seem to do that for all manner of daft reasons :rolleyes:[/quote]
I think I don't have enough posts to change my member title yet. I just don't see the point in all the clubs and numbers stuff on Talkbass. And talking of which, I'd thought I might have been pushing the boundaries of silliness, but I've now searched TB and there genuinely is a [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404844"]Vegetarian Bassist Club[/url] on there. :D

We've drifted WAAAAAAY off topic here... but I'm no use to the OP, as I'm firmly converted to the joys of the Comfort Strapp. :)

Lovely veggie lunch and back to topic - I've just checked, Alembic straps are manufactured by Moody (but seem to have an extra layer - replicating the 'hippie sandwich' - when compared to the standard Moody). These are excellent, very soft, very wide (4") and comfortable straps...but there's a lot of leather in there so out for some veggies. I think Alembic charge around $150, Moody around $150-230 (pre delivery and taxes etc.) so not a cheap option.

Another Veggie here!

I may have a Comfort style strap for sale in a day or two.

A Bass Collection (see thread on broken strap) replacement (I would advise using cable ties just in case!).

I've also the repaired one going really cheap at £5 plus P&P.

Edited by GreeneKing