Duroc17

Can ship £375 Hofner Verythin Bass Contemporary Series sunburst with Hofner gig bag
£460
Clitheroe

Selling my Hofner Verythin Contemporary Series bass - set up with la bella flats - very woody and thumpy tones - action uber low - neck and intonation great, a nice bass at a nice price. Have box and gig bag so can ship to uk- will knock off £20 cash for pick up - or can deliver within 50mile radius of Clitheroe - selling as not playing or recording for foreseeable - slight ding near bottom - ding pic shows reflection of my phone not a crack btw

IMG_1275.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg

3120FD14-9CF8-4532-B7C0-E09621E0E70B.jpeg

6266FEBB-5CFD-4A6A-B19E-CAA0EFD58E29.jpeg

75A7AFE3-EDD9-4375-8634-55DCC89BC314.jpeg

9DBE38C4-D68F-4083-9BEF-2396D037D88C.jpeg

Edited by Duroc17
Price change
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Duroc17 said:

the canal boat flower decals come off safely if not to your taste

IMG_1273.jpeg

IMG_1274.jpeg

A very limited taste, to say the least 👀 such a lovely bass otherwise. Glwts 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

I don't think I can justify buying this at the moment but clicked to have a nosey and spotted your avatar - are you in West on Colfax? Love your stuff if so. I think we've recorded at the same studio too.

GLWS - I'd be buying under different circumstances, but then again you probably wouldn't have been selling...

Hi Dankology. Thanks yes in West on Colfax. What’s your band? Yes at mo I have 4 basses and nowhere to play them. Though hoping that will change - cheers Sir

• Like 1

just trying to be helpful, but I would remove the flowers just to show that the finish isn't faded or leaves and impression.

3 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

just trying to be helpful, but I would remove the flowers just to show that the finish isn't faded or leaves and impression.

Put them on about 6 months ago - might remove them as obviously i think im the only one who like them :_)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Duroc17 said:

I know Kate! Say hi from Scott - Didn't you cover Stereolab? Yes hopefully we'll cross paths

It's a small world! I'll pass on your regards... 

It may be our Cocteau Twins cover you're thinking of there 😀

16 hours ago, Dankology said:

It's a small world! I'll pass on your regards... 

It may be our Cocteau Twins cover you're thinking of there 😀

Ah yes - good stuff! Also hearing the words was a good touch

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By loremil
      !! AVAILABLE AS SALE DID NOT GO THROUGH !! - Price at £1200.
      Selling this amazing handmade Wilcock Short-Scale "The Mullarkey" bass. Handmade here in London, this is a fantastic instrument and only selling because I need the money. I bought it new from The Bass Gallery in London and the pictures they took still apply now - it is in great condition and sounds amazing.
      There is a dent behind the bridge that was there when I bought it, probably caused by an initial string change.
      Comes strung with Pyramid Nickels and includes Dunlop Straplocks as well.
      Collection in London or delivery at buyer's expense. Delivery will include a Reunion Blues Continental semi-hard case for £100 more.
      Thanks for looking.
      Specs:
      - Ash body
      - All Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
      - 30 inch scale, 20 fret neck (60mm at 20th fret - 40mm at the nut)
      - Graph tech nut
      - Double action truss rod
      - Medium jumbo frets
      - Bolt on neck
      - Two custom Armstrong single coil Pickups
      - 3 way selector switch and master tone and master volume
      - All Hipshot hardware (Kickass bridge and super light tuners)
      - Dunlop strap locks

• By Duroc17
      set up with TI jazz  low tension flats - so super low action, plays fast, sounds punchy - neck nice older C profile so doesnt feel too small - will know off some cash for pick up or can deliver within 50 mile radius of Clitheroe Lancs, also has gig bag and fender box so can ship at your expense

• By Captain Bassman
      BASS NOW SOLD
      For sale, my beautiful 1966 Fender Precision in fantastic condition, all original (as far as I am aware) with original finish and original Fender hard case (including Fender catalogue).
      This is a player’s bass, not a case queen, but has been extremely well cared for by previous owners as well as by me.
       It has light signs of wear and some dings as you’d expect a 54 year old to have. I’ve gigged the bass extensively in the time I’ve owned it and always kept/transported it in a Hiscox LiteFlite case, not the OHSC.
      Apart from some minor body chips and scratches there are a couple of small dents in the neck behind frets 1-3 but these aren’t noticeable under the hand. There’s also some lovely light checking to the lacquer on the headstock and rear of the body. I’ve tried to capture these as best I can with my phone camera.
      Pups, pots, wiring and solder joints all look all original. The pups are still bonded to the black foam and backing plate. No dating is evident and I didn’t want to risk separating them to try and find out.
      Pots are stamped 6618 which I believe is week 18 of 1966 (kindly correct me if I’m wrong).
      The date stamp on the neck is partially faded and obscured by red ink but this is how it was when I bought it. To my eyes it reads 5 MAY 66 C. The neck is classic P chunky, solid and straight with a fully functioning truss rod and reverse tuners on the headstock.
      Beautiful striping on the rosewood fingerboard and there’s plenty of life left in the slim frets. The bass is currently strung with LaBella flats.
      Comfortably light, on the digital bathroom scales it comes in at 8.6 lbs / 3.9 kg.
      The case has a few dings and a couple of smallish rips but inside is clean and plush and all catches and hinges function (I don’t have the keys though). It came to me with a 1967-68 Fender catalogue inside which is in lovely condition and a really nice piece of history.
      This is a beautiful example of a mid-60’s P bass with a classic full burpy sound that sits so well in the band mix.
      Now... I know there are some real vintage aficionados and experts on the forum so in the spirit of openness and honesty I want to mention 3 things;
      Control knobs. These are more than likely the originals but still look brand new. I have no way of knowing as these were the knobs it came to me with but I am just saying as someone pointed it out to me.
      Ashtrays. Both are in really good clean condition and I believe are the originals. They show light scratching close up which doesn’t come out in the photos. Inside the bridge cover there is no evidence left of any foam mutes but there is some surface roughness in that area.
      E string tuner. Fully operational and stable but a bit stiffer than the other 3. I’ve had it apart and lubricated it, can’t see anything wrong, so it’s a bit better but wanted to point this out to potential buyers. 
      I’m offering this bass for sale only (no trades thank you) at a competitive price based on what I’ve seen similar condition basses advertised by reputable dealers.
      I’m happy to ship at the buyer’s expense or arrange personal socially-distanced collection within a reasonable radius (location KT18).
      David

• By andytoad
      For Sale is my lovely 1969 P-bass with original pick up covers. Weighs 8.3lbs according to the kitchen scales.
      Nicely 'roadworn' sunburst body with rosewood neck. The neck is B width, which is perfect for me. The tort scratchguard is slightly warped as seen in the pictures.
      The pickups are not original but have certainly been there for a long time. It is currently strung with flats and sounds as it should (to me). As far as I know, everything else is original (I will remove the straplocks and replace the original strapbuttons).
      There is an issue with the neck in that there was a bend which killed the A string octave d note (17th fret) when I bought it, the bass was taken to Andy Crockett in Canterbury who set it up and now it plays nicely. Please note there is still a slight bend in the neck of which I have tried to capture as best as possible. I will add some sound files shortly to let you hear the bass and include the d note. 
      I can do some internal pics if need be or a serious buyer could come down for a cuppa, a play and take a look internally with me. Although the neck now plays fine, it does still have a slight bend. With this in mind and the non original pickup, I will price to sell at £2500 (Happy to take advice via PM), but cant go any lower. I can meet within a reasonable distance, prefer not to post and am keen for the buyer to try and inspect first.
      Reason for sale: unfortunately I am separating from my wife, I now need some quick money to support moving costs.
      I

• By Storky
      beautiful Sterling StingRay5 Bass Guitar. Condition is A1, good as new. Everything works as it should and I love the “Tobacco” sunburst colour. I brought it new around October 2019 for a new band which didn’t take off, so now this beauty is surplus to requirements. But it’s a great bass and quite light for a 5 string bass at 9.4lbs