andytoad

SOLD - Price drop to £1380 sensible offers considered - F/s only - Status Series 2 - 5 string headed
£1600
Kent

Continuing the money raising for house moves and separation....

Is my rather nice Status series 2 headed 5 string with status hardcase.

It is currently strung with flats, but i can order something else and fit if the new owner prefers.
Book-matched maple facing

Mahogany wings with walnut centre 'tone block'

Satin finish

5-string woven graphite through-neck &

Dual-action truss-rod. 24 frets with Phenolic fingerboard. 

The bridge spacing is 72mm centre of the B string to centre of the G string
The nut spacing is 39mm B string centre to G string centre

It has a bolt on Status C neck made of graphite, but it has the middle area profile slightly flattened, so a bit like taking a C neck and shaving the profile flatter. 

Gold hardware

Mono-rail bridge units

Standard 19mm string spacing

2 Status soap-bar pickups with three-band E.Q.

Variable midrange frequency, master volume, pickup blend control &18 volt power supply

A great bass to be sure for the next owner.

I can be a little flexible on price within reason, pickup, play and a cuppa preferred, but can ship at the buyers expense and risk.

15979207444547445471741617809488.thumb.jpg.5deb57dd3838230c00197bc395f2dd14.jpg15979206741595787976021921797655.thumb.jpg.05c0cdb39d2ff52da75b0b3514598853.jpg15979207607876714535101458553031.thumb.jpg.ece81b36523853b0ded5fa4278ff7b84.jpg15979207896811480455055328049359.thumb.jpg.c19b831ca3fae179104ee446f0cc2bb7.jpg15979208070225991384666158004754.thumb.jpg.156d2c5652f8bf0a221b682f005123e1.jpg15979208220645385113218062177261.thumb.jpg.ddbf60378add7bb67896f3c9fe8fb5bf.jpg15979208427678503905903041334893.thumb.jpg.4b8dc9c37b423dfd7d265b99685f76ab.jpg15979208640357571737172081254902.thumb.jpg.cce9dbf1cd84c4fd82f9ca3f28704507.jpg15979206741595787976021921797655.thumb.jpg.05c0cdb39d2ff52da75b0b3514598853.jpg15979206345837066137143340057876.thumb.jpg.29541ba8ea32a8716f73ad3660ce3cdc.jpg

Edited by andytoad
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Nice looking S2. Could I ask how old it is please?

Hi its Aug 2014 according to status serial number gospel.. 🙂

• Like 1

That’s lovely Andy. If I had the funds I’d be all over this! GLWTS. 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

On 23/10/2020 at 07:47, ebenezer said:

Lovely that is!....can I ask the weight?

4 hours ago, LeeBassman said:

Hi, what is the weight of the bass please, cheers Chris.

Hello both, it's a touch under 9lbs on the kitchen scales

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NotAsGoodAsJaco
      Up for sale, my Ibanez BTB 1825. Excellent condition/as new.
      Comes with original custom fit Ibanez Case.
      35" scale bass with 19mm string spacing and a 47mm nut width.
      Bought new from Thomann in Nov 2019. Dot markers added by pro luthier.
      Low action, flat neck with  good feel. Just not the tone for me - I bought this bass without ever playing one.
      Prefer a local (London and surrounding areas) but will post within UK. UKsales only
      I believe these basses are discontinued.
      Spec from Ibanez...
      Neck type BTB59pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple w/Graphite reinforcement rods neck-through Top/back/body - Walnut top, Ash wing body Fretboard - Bound Panga Panga Abalone off-set dot inlay Frets - Medium Stainless Steel frets Premium fret edge treatment Bridge - MR5 bridge (19mm string spacing) Neck pickup - Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive Bridge pickup - Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive Equaliser - Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ Hardware color - Gold Width 47mm NUT Radius 400  

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      String spacing: 19 mm
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 5600 pounds but it's actually 6500 6300euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page:

• By spyder
      With much regret I have to sell a beloved fretless bass.
      It’s a Carvin BB75P Bunny Brunel Signature 5 String Fretless.
      18 volt electronics with John East preamp.
       Lower three Knobs are......
      (1) stacked treble ( Pull for treble boost ) /  bass.
      (2) parametric mid.
      (3) passive tone control.
      The top three knobs are......
      (1) pan pot for piezo - humbuckers.
      (2) pan pot for bridge pickup - neck pickup.
      (3) master volume. ( push / pull for active or passive )
      Piezo bridge fitted.
      Two Seymour Duncan Humbuckers.
      Offset markers.
      Fret inlays.
      String-through-body.
      Strap Lok system.
      Fitted original case.
      Thomastik strings fitted as per picture.
      Strap is included.
      Weight is approx 4.3kg on Kitchen scales.
      Never gigged, only used at the studio or at home.
      Price is very firm at £995 with UK postage.
      Sorry no personal collection due to Covid risk.

• By 72deluxe
      I am selling my Korean "ProSeries StarBass 5 Gold Metallic CHR passive/passive MAP fretted" (that's Warwick's description). I am trying to play fretless more these days and this is just not getting played enough.
      This is a passive instrument (no 9V batteries hurray) and is capable of "vintage" tones so it doesn't sound like a midrange-heavy solid-body Warwick. Serial number WPS B-000087-11 (2011 I think??).
      Construction wise, it has a solid maple block down the centre and hollow wings. The neck is maple (but painted in luxurious gold) and the fretboard wenge. This has Just-A-Nut III on it so is adjustable at the nut. (Just-A-Nut II was prone to breaking so the III is better). It has volume and tone for each pickup, and a selector switch in the style of a Les Paul (neck, both, bridge). 
      I played this on 2 gigs but then the band disbanded and it's been safely at home for many years. As you can see, it is in tip-top/excellent condition, with the only minor issues being pictured:
      a. slight decoloration of the tuning pegs (someone must have had sweaty hands before I bought it)
      b. There is also a blemish on the neck paintwork but that's under the lacquer
      c. There is a tiny slight mark above the neck pickup
      d. There is a mark near the fifth fret that looks like a construction issue that was filled in.
      e. Some slight marking on the pickup covers where enthusiastic playing has likely bashed a string onto the pickup cover (but it's under the string and I think you’ll struggle to see it)
      All of these were like this when I bought it. All of these are pictured and I think you'll struggle to notice these.
      This comes with a colossal excellent Warwick hardcase to keep this safe. This isn't pictured but is included. It’s a very good case!
      I have priced this appropriately I think, given that it's a Korean Pro Series and NOT the Chinese RockBass series which seem to have increased in price somewhat (hasn't everything?), but sensible offers are welcome!
      I enjoyed playing this bass a lot and will miss it but I need to be realistic. I would provide sound clips but there's plenty of demos by Andy Irvine back when he was working with Warwick on YouTube, if not somewhat slap-happy.
      I am in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire and would prefer not to ship this as it's massive and I have no cardboard to package it. I am happy to drive up/down the M5 a bit if this helps you for travel purposes. Worcestershire is in Tier 2 at the moment so I cannot travel to other locations.
      Cash or Bank Transfer please. If you want to put it on a credit card and pay via PayPal you can but I shouldn't get any fees so you'll have to send it as a "gift" to friends/family. Thanks.
      Pictures are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yTSfW2OrA-XqisVwEMtrpU_S0t6eB2q9
    • By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

WOOD & TRONICS Zoid 5 (to me their best design), naturally reliced : some pay huge amounts for this by 7ender, here it's free ! 

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1599 GBP !!! A new one would cost you at least twice the asking price if you order it today with the same specifications and a few months to get it.

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra huge customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition, with some 13 years of use, but no abuse.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : swamp ash wings with quilted maple top (and magnetic electronics lid)
      Neck : 3 pieces flamed maple through neck
      Fingerboard : rosewood with brass dots on the side and abalone on the fretboard
      Frets : 24 mandolin frets in perfect condition
      Headstock : 3 + 2 with matched quilted maple top
      Pickups : Nordstrand DC 5 with switch (chrome) working for the both pickups together in parallel / single coil / series (so you have no strange sounds when blending them)
      Preamp : Aguilar OBP-3
      Controls : volume, balance, bass, mid with one switch (chrome) for the 400 / 800 Hz frequency, treble
      Tuners : Hipshot Licensed
      Bridge : original two parts Wood & Tronics (ETS)
      Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm
      Nut : brass
      Strings spacing at nut : 10 mm
      Knobs : original metal
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold except the switches and the output jack, which are chrome
      Truss rod : one (real Fodera)
      Finish : light gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : Italy
      Serial number : unknown
      Year : 2007
      Weight : 3.905 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with an unbranded hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with a new battery and a (now used) set of Fodera Nickel strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105 - 135).

Early hollowed model à la Fodera, totally hand made (look at the lid), with that sweet and detailed sound typical from that period. Lots of wear and a few dings for this player, but don't be afraid, everything is working fine without any electronics scratches (except the usual Aguilar crack when switching the mids) and no hidden issues... The price asked reflects that condition.

Link to the old Wood & Tronics page : ZOID Custom Variations Wood & Tronics (wtbasses.net)

Here a video by Enrico PASINI himself to give you an idea of how a Zoid 5 can sound :

And another one, made by Arnaud MORIN aka @tournesol74 (33 inches scale, ebony fretboard and different pickups, but the "sound" of the Zoid 5 is there) :

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles to see the real condition, the wear and dents. Absolutely no real damage, only wear of time and playing !

All the 36 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_xP_ULUN5NmnkamMIseIWb2Gd53RhFDX?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.