Why become a member? ×

Kiesel basses?

erisu

Hi all,

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Kiesel JB4 choosing a selection of options from their catalogue. Quite surprised there isn't more talk about Kiesel basses here. Aware they were called Carvin in the past and since Jeff Kiesel came on board he decided to split the brand into Carvin and Kiesel.

Has anyone had any experiences with them? Anyone ordered a their build directly from them? How was the experience?

Cheers!

• Like 1

I wanted one, mainly temped by the great prices they had advertised on their website.. 

Then I emailed them for a custom order and suddenly the quote was twice the one advertised.. 

So I ended up buying an ACG Harlot 5 strings headless.. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 08/08/2020 at 22:07, erisu said:

Hi all,

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Kiesel JB4 choosing a selection of options from their catalogue. Quite surprised there isn't more talk about Kiesel basses here. Aware they were called Carvin in the past and since Jeff Kiesel came on board he decided to split the brand into Carvin and Kiesel.

Has anyone had any experiences with them? Anyone ordered a their build directly from them? How was the experience?

Cheers!

Did you end up buying it! 

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting this thread from purgatory...

Any Kiesel users? Nate Navarro rig rundown has me interested in an A2 headless fiver. However the Kiesel configurator is possibly the worst I have ever used.

8 hours ago, acidbass said:

Resurrecting this thread from purgatory...

Any Kiesel users? Nate Navarro rig rundown has me interested in an A2 headless fiver. However the Kiesel configurator is possibly the worst I have ever used.

I don't think they do a headless A2?

If you want headless, it's either going to be the Vader, Osiris, Thanos or Zeus IIRC.

They do all of those in multiscale too, but the A2 is their only model that has the option of using the same fanning as a Dingwall (i.e. with a 37" low B, but it's also available with 34-36" multiscale) - which is apparently important to some people. The other multiscale 5-strings are 33.5-35". 

The Aries bass was interesting to me, but I was a bit put off by some bad press regarding Mr Kiesel’s attitude towards some of his customers. So I went no further. Well….. I did…… I bought another Thunderbird instead.

• Like 1