Why become a member? ×

Mods Please CLOSE!

MB1

that'll be this one [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jaydee-Supernatural-Mark-King-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ300299414675QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item300299414675&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jaydee-Supernatural-...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

[quote name='kevbass' post='433017' date='Mar 12 2009, 11:17 PM']that'll be this one [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jaydee-Supernatural-Mark-King-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ300299414675QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item300299414675&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jaydee-Supernatural-...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url][/quote]

Hmm - nice one but the gold knobs are not original!!!

[quote name='MB1' post='432676' date='Mar 12 2009, 05:58 PM']if you check the bid history its all private sellers identity kept private?? what are the chances of that??[/quote]

The seller chose this option when he/she listed it, I don't think there's any need to do this now that ebay have bidders identities concealed

[quote name='MB1' post='433598' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:22 PM']MB1. :)
Finished at £1102
so looks like hes made £2 on it Sooper? :D[/quote]

Minus ebay's final price tax. :rolleyes:

If he was looking for a profit he's fallen way short of the mark!

[quote name='MB1' post='433598' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:22 PM']MB1. :D
Finished at £1102
so looks like hes made £2 on it Sooper? ;)[/quote]

(muffled) Can't speak. Mouth full of feathers :)
Must have misheard him, said he wanted to learn slap. A quick learner eh?
I have nothing but my best wishes for his continued success. (pass me something sharp to throw myself on...) :rolleyes:

[quote name='bassfan' post='433658' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:07 PM']I feel for you Soop..and for me...... I was next inline if he didn't take it... and I would have played it!

:)[/quote]
Was happy with what I got for it (what I was asking for, and not much less than I paid 2 years ago), suprised it went for so much on eaby.
Hope it's gone to a better place.
It's being bullsh*tted that's got up my hooter, when guy's like yourself wanted it for the right reasons :rolleyes:
Think I was wrong when I said He didn't realise what he was getting, (looked like he was fighting off a combined harvester with a cheesecake :D )

Edited by soopercrip

[quote name='MB1' post='434521' date='Mar 14 2009, 12:15 PM']MB1. :)
The same guy sold a Jaydee Roadie with EMG pickups in it??? the week before for a grossly inflated price.....just Ebay Madness me thinks![/quote]
Think he only had that for a couple of days.
told me he sold it because he wanted this..

Arse

[quote name='soopercrip' post='438491' date='Mar 18 2009, 05:28 PM']Think he only had that for a couple of days.
told me he sold it because he wanted this..

Arse[/quote]

So am I right in thinking that you sold it to someone on here, who fed you a load of bullsh*t?

hey fellas, if it makes u feel any better, i went with the bassist of my band yesterday to pick this up (im a drummer, but my dad plays bass hence my reg on here)

hes bought it not for profit, but because its one of his three dream basses.

Can i ask what the gold knobs should have been if not original, and can i also ask on hios behalf if anyone knows how all that circuitry works... lol

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='438632' date='Mar 18 2009, 08:26 PM']So am I right in thinking that you sold it to someone on here, who fed you a load of bullsh*t?[/quote]

a newbie who only registered to buy, haven't seen any posts b4 or since, :)

[quote name='fuzzy' post='438640' date='Mar 18 2009, 08:36 PM']hey fellas, if it makes u feel any better, i went with the bassist of my band yesterday to pick this up (im a drummer, but my dad plays bass hence my reg on here)

hes bought it not for profit, but because its one of his three dream basses.

Can i ask what the gold knobs should have been if not original, and can i also ask on hios behalf if anyone knows how all that circuitry works... lol[/quote]

Hope he enjoys it, it's a great bass, just didn't suit me. Sorry he had his leg lifted, but if he loves it, it makes it priceless
Can't help about original knobs, didn't know they weren't original.
Four position switch is pick up selector, sequence- off,neck,both,bridge
two gold knobs are pup volumes
three black knobs are eq controls.
Andy

[quote name='BeLow' post='438883' date='Mar 19 2009, 03:27 AM']Fuzzy, not sure what the original fit should have been - but I would tend to be a little circumspect about what original fit might be. My Pangborn, owned by me since new (its now 22 years old), was bought from the man himself and I recall when I picked it up he said -

'I have fitted it with a 3 way pickup selector because I haven't got any pan pots at the moment, I'll change it for you when you bring it back for its check over' (which he did).

Not sure if John Diggins was bit more organised (The Doc is probably more aware than myself) but it is also possible the owner could have specified the different knobs if they bought the bass direct from JD.

Hope you bass player enjoys it as its an iconic instrument and even better you now know some of its previous history.[/quote]

I can recall seeing at least one other JD with the same kind of knobs so they may be original. I think John has a policy of using whatever is available in the workshop at the time. He fitted some gold Sperzel machineheads to a JD I owned because gold Schallers were not available and I also recall seeing a JD with Ibanez tuners that the owner swore were original as well.

[quote name='GeeCee' post='439734' date='Mar 19 2009, 09:09 PM']I can recall seeing at least one other JD with the same kind of knobs so they may be original. I think John has a policy of using whatever is available in the workshop at the time. He fitted some gold Sperzel machineheads to a JD I owned because gold Schallers were not available and I also recall seeing a JD with Ibanez tuners that the owner swore were original as well.[/quote]

Allo!

The knobs may well be original - they are not the `usual' domed style P bass type knobs - if you know what I mean! John does use whats in stock - there was a Session bass on Ebay a while ago with the larger Schaller machine heads (as used on the Wal basses).

[quote name='BeLow' post='439976' date='Mar 20 2009, 08:17 AM']What I meant in my post was I don't think there is any need to worry about the current state of the bass re the controls, even if they weren't the original fit it may be hard to know one way or the other, and I would suggest the new owner enjoys the bass for what it is.

In the mean time I am still working on how to get another Pangborn![/quote]

Which model would you like? Got a nice Warrior, perhaps a Chieftain would suit one!?

hold on you guys before you start calling me arse, etc, i didnt give the seller any bullshit, he advertised jaydee on here, and i purchased the item, there was nothing stopping the guy placing it on ebay, he states on advert, that he needs to pay mortgage or has employment difficulties, i bought the jaydee, after selling the roadie with them crappy pickups (which by the way were fitted by jaydee), which cost me more than i sold it for, although i shouldnt have to explain my reasons for selling and what the items sold for anyway, i did buy jaydee to keep, but i also got a sandberg california and the wife told me no more basses i dont use, so i meant to sell the sandberg, but the sandberg to me is a better bass imho, so it was either the jaydee or sandberg, i put jaydee on first and you know the rest, whatever it made is between me and the buyer. if the original seller has anything to say,rather than slag me on here all he has to do is call me,

steve