Why become a member? ×

Dua Lipa Bass player...Damn

shoulderpet

It may be a midi played line but at least it's trying to sound like a real bass guitar. Many of the songs I hear on the radio these days have no discernable instruments at all, just a background mush of synth pads, a midi drum pattern and an autotuned vocal. 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 19:50, nilebodgers said:

Isn't she just. There's some killer little fills in her line too.

I think she overplays in a couple of places (e.g. 1:42 and 2:27) to the point where she not only loses the pocket but misses the downbeat - the Andrew Gouche effect.   That second fill at 2:27 could have been half as long and lost nothing in terms of impact. Also, her left hand keeps shooting up the neck after playing a lower register note only for her to pull it back to hit the next note.  I'm not sure why but it's a bit distracting.

But her phrasing and note choice for those fills is pretty awesome.

On 22/06/2020 at 13:02, Burns-bass said:

It’s a whole big bag of cliches, but my daughter (4) likes this song so I sometimes play along with it while she’s dancing.

The bass player here is a monster and doing a great job. I certainly can’t play it cleanly and with the confidence he does. And he plays keyboard too!

Yeah mine (4 at the time of release, now 6) too! lol