Why become a member? ×

AMPEG B-100R ‘Rocket Bass’ combo

eubassix

"B-100R ‘Rocket Bass’ combo amp - combines the look, sound and tone of the original Portaflex with the
reliability of contemporary, solid-state design.The 100-Watt B-100R drives a vintage 15 inch speaker and features four bands of EQ, plus Ultra Low, Mid, and High switches for customising the sound.
Featuring the same warm tone and easy-to-use controls as its vintage counterpart, the B-100R is rugged, lightweight and maintenance-free"…....

It's had castors fitted (properly, drilled-out etc.) but these can be removed - either permanently, or for delivery (depending also upon the best size box I can find for with/without).
Great little unit, in excellent (near-mint, with nothing significant in terms of marks etc) condition + works perfectly.

Vintage Tone and Styling
15 inch Speaker
100-Watts RMS
Ultra-portable
RMS Power Output: 100-Watts
Speakers: 1 x 15 inch
Tone Controls: 4-Band
Mid Tone Control: Ultra Mid
Line Out: Unbalanced
Line In: Yes
Headphone Output: Yes
Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 21 x 14
Weight: 65 Pounds
RRP £599.00 (selling for about £500 online

now SOLD...

Edited by eubassix

These are brilliant, best bass sound I ever got with my Ric and this. Nice old skool look as well. Have a bump from a previous owner who just needed more air to be moved when he got rid of his B100R!

I've always thought one of these would be great little standby combo. Small enough to kick around the house for practicing (where it would look great just as a piece of 'functional sculpture') but big enough for the odd gig as well :)

[quote name='molan' post='434815' date='Mar 14 2009, 07:26 PM']...great little standby combo. Small enough to kick around the house for practicing ... but big enough for the odd gig as well :)[/quote]

Totally agree: there's also a line-out (post-EQ / pre-Master Vol) facility if required for bigger venues, speaker(s).

Agree these are great combos with unbeatable tone I've had one for a few years. Perfect either stand-alone for practise/small gigs or through PA at larger places. I've tried some of the new Ampeg BA Combos and they don't come close

- Great price too