Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Custom Build

la bam

Hi all 

I was browsing the bass centre website the other today looking at the power basses when I saw you can have your bass customised completely. From colour, pickups, electronics etc.

Could be a good idea on a budget, considering the basses are hardly regarded at £300-400. So they can be that much more customised.

Aguilar pick ups, sims electronics, nixmce colours - worth a look?

The webpage says "Choose from alternative colour/pickguard combinations" which I interpret perhaps more pessimistically that they will swap the pickguard from bass A to bass B, rather than a completely custom refinish. Maybe I'm wrong; still, I agree with you, worth looking into, and it's nice to be able to have the pickups of your choice from the outset vs being lumped with ones you already know you don't want.

21 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

The webpage says "Choose from alternative colour/pickguard combinations" which I interpret perhaps more pessimistically that they will swap the pickguard from bass A to bass B, rather than a completely custom refinish. Maybe I'm wrong; still, I agree with you, worth looking into, and it's nice to be able to have the pickups of your choice from the outset vs being lumped with ones you already know you don't want.

That's my impression too having asked if they could do the lefty in windermere blue and ideally fretless. You can only get it in sunburst, fretted, and the 'customising' is the electronics and bridge.