Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Sterling

Dubs

Isn’t it ironic that I spend 6 months GASing for something that I don’t end up getting on with. Oh the irony…

Up for sale is my recently acquired MusicMan Sterling. As you can see from the picture it’s black with a 3 ply B/W/B pickguard and a rosewood fingerboard. It has a few minor dings and some very light surface scratches from playing as well as a small chip missing from the high gloss polyester finish where the original strap pins were replaced with Schaller strap-locks by the original owner. This looks a lot worse in the picture than it actually is, but I’m being as honest as possible about it as I’m not looking to rip anyone off – it’s actually pretty hard for anyone to see the chip when you have the bass on, and they’d have to be standing a meter away from you and looking for it. The bass comes with the original fitted SKB MusicMan hardcase that’s in good condition.

Due to the slight blemishes, I’m asking for £600. I’m happy to post at the buyer’s expense and risk - postage within mainland UK will be £30 insured up to £750. I’m also open to trades.

[attachment=21677:DSC02237.JPG]
[attachment=21678:DSC02238.JPG]

Edited by benwhiteuk

Buy a new one on eBay for £1200 - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Music-Man-Sterling-Black-4-String-Bass-Guitar-Musicman_W0QQitemZ250361554129QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item250361554129&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Music-Man-Sterling-B...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url] - or buy mine for half the price :)

BTW, the price isn't dropping from £600. If it doesn't sell on here at that price within a week or 2 then I'll put it on fleabay with a £600 start price...

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='428593' date='Mar 8 2009, 02:29 PM']Isn’t it ironic that I spend 6 months GASing for something that I don’t end up getting on with. Oh the irony…[/quote]

It is the way of GAS. Irrational desire meets reality with a sickening, wallet wrenching thud.

[quote name='owen' post='431661' date='Mar 11 2009, 04:52 PM']It is the way of GAS. Irrational desire meets reality with a sickening, wallet wrenching thud.[/quote]

As long as there are no regrets just mark it down to experience - besides, it's better to regret etc.

I've been playing and gigging a lot more in fhe last year and as a consequence I've been wanting to try out a lot more gear - I say go with the GAS, it doesn't really hurt anyone - especially if you trade or sell as well as buy. :)

[quote name='Rowbee' post='431866' date='Mar 11 2009, 08:25 PM']As long as there are no regrets just mark it down to experience - besides, it's better to regret etc.

I've been playing and gigging a lot more in fhe last year and as a consequence I've been wanting to try out a lot more gear - I say go with the GAS, it doesn't really hurt anyone - especially if you trade or sell as well as buy. :)[/quote]

That’s the way I look at it really. I’ve got my number 1 that doesn’t go anywhere, so numbers 2 and 3 are usually tradable but as it happens number 3 is currently being built (and has been so for the last 5 months – I’ve been slack)... I’ve got a number 4 but it’s not worth mentioning because it’s retired :D

[center]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[size=3]I will consider almost anything of equal or less value (+cash) for trade on this :rolleyes: – basically I don’t want to have to front any money for any potential trade deal.[/size]

Edited by benwhiteuk