Why become a member? ×

Your Fave Basschat Bass Players!

[quote name='Faithless' post='431324' date='Mar 11 2009, 10:30 AM']As someone mentioned before, I think, it's not a [i]fair [/i]question, as there's no [i]fair [/i]answer, when talking about 'who's the best'..

It's just because nobody has heard most BC'ers playing, so, how the hell can you judge by a few players, that you've heard?

Oh, I'm saying this not because I'm feeling a better player than those mentioned, but this thread simply looks a bit cockamamie to me..

All the best,
Faith.[/quote]

Well, I think thats a fair point, Bass Playing isn't a competition and there is no 'best', but remember the OP is 'who is your fave', not 'who is best' with a tiring discussion over defining what makes one style better than another.

My favourite bass player on the planet who I owe so much to, is the unassuming, quiet DEMI-GOD that is John Deacon.

[quote name='dood' post='431328' date='Mar 11 2009, 10:33 AM']Ha ha ha!! yeah, I forgot about that one... completely oblivious to the fact that he was the aural equivalent of 5 hour dental surgery, minus anaesthetic.

Ahh, like your playin' Nick.. I seem to remember seeing you play at a guitar show, but didn't twig you were on BC until I met you at a bass bash![/quote]

...and he only had 2 strings!

Cheers Dood!! Many thanks!

Yes, the original post I made has nothing to do with who is best (no such thing really is there, its not athletics!) - there are some lovely players on here and I was simply listing those I've seen and admired...there are perhaps hundreds more who I'm not aware of.