Why become a member? ×

Grado SR-80 monitoring headphones - SOLD

Essentially brand new (less than 2 hrs use), without box. Best price I can find is £110 new.

These can be all yours *cheesy grin* for *EDIT*: I'm happy to take offers on these headphones.

Thanks, Joe.

Edited by Toasted

+1 on Grado quality. I am lucky enough to have a pair of sr225's and they are awesome. Not huge amounts of bass but the sound is so detailed. As soon as I switch to anything else its as if a sheet has been placed between my ears and the music. Nice price!

[quote name='josh3184' post='427786' date='Mar 7 2009, 12:59 AM']dooo it ste![/quote]

Hey if you wanna lend me the money untill my bank gets of it's arse then be my guest! My stepdad has a pair he won't let me use and they are something else.

Hmmmm Top of the list on google. £88inc vat (plus £3 delivery)

[url="http://www.hificables.co.uk/11078/Grado-SR80-Headphones.html?gclid=CMqn446vlJkCFQpNQwodvzwkaA"]http://www.hificables.co.uk/11078/Grado-SR...CFQpNQwodvzwkaA[/url]

Still considering my options however.... What's your lowest price, or are you already at it?

I love my SR60s but wanted to ask a quick Q about the 80s.

On the 60s the foam comes off to expose the driver, and hair can quite easily get trapped between the two resulting in rattling (after years of use there are lots of little hairs stuck in the foam earpieces). Are the 80s the same or do they have different foam in a donut shape as opposed to the flying saucer on the 60s?

ped

[quote name='ped' post='428919' date='Mar 8 2009, 10:32 PM']I love my SR60s but wanted to ask a quick Q about the 80s.

On the 60s the foam comes off to expose the driver, and hair can quite easily get trapped between the two resulting in rattling (after years of use there are lots of little hairs stuck in the foam earpieces). Are the 80s the same or do they have different foam in a donut shape as opposed to the flying saucer on the 60s?

ped[/quote]

Hey Ped, I'm not sure I understand the problem. I've had a look at mine but I can't see where hair might get in.

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='428917' date='Mar 8 2009, 10:27 PM']Hmmmm Top of the list on google. £88inc vat (plus £3 delivery)

[url="http://www.hificables.co.uk/11078/Grado-SR80-Headphones.html?gclid=CMqn446vlJkCFQpNQwodvzwkaA"]http://www.hificables.co.uk/11078/Grado-SR...CFQpNQwodvzwkaA[/url]

Still considering my options however.... What's your lowest price, or are you already at it?[/quote]

4. If you have a problem with the price of an item on the forum, stating it in an aggressive way on the thread undermines the sellers listing. Often however feedback on fair pricing is useful and constructive. Bear this in mind and be considerate and vigilant. If anyone is seen being aggressive or SERIOUSLY overpricing an item them you are best off sending a PM to the member and to a moderator. The best policy is that if you do not like the price, move on. The seller won’t sell and you avoid any arguments.

It kind of gets stuck in the foam.. from there it pokes through the driver grille kind of bit... every now and then I remove the foam for a clean... maybe I shouldn't wear them after a haircut!!

[quote name='deksawyer' post='429359' date='Mar 9 2009, 01:47 PM']FYI - the 60's are identical to the 80's apart from the 80's having bigger, more comfortable foam pads.

Very good cans.

D.[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure this is true, I was under the impression there where different chambers behind the drivers? Im going from memory here though!

[quote name='Toasted' post='428940' date='Mar 8 2009, 11:12 PM']4. If you have a problem with the price of an item on the forum, stating it in an aggressive way on the thread undermines the sellers listing. Often however feedback on fair pricing is useful and constructive. Bear this in mind and be considerate and vigilant. If anyone is seen being aggressive or SERIOUSLY overpricing an item them you are best off sending a PM to the member and to a moderator. The best policy is that if you do not like the price, move on. The seller won’t sell and you avoid any arguments.[/quote]

oh I'm sorry What did I do wrong? I don't have a problem with the price per-se.... I'm certainly not being aggressive... I thought since you said you couldn't find them for less my pointing out this might be seen as a polite response. (Unless you we're knowingly misinforming the thread, which I doubt you would do)
And as for not liking the price, well I was serious about buying these, but I *obviously* want them as CHEAP as I can possibly get them, no offence. That's what buying used gear is all about isn't it? Now would you like me to make an offer, or have I upset the apple cart ?

[quote name='Toasted' post='430045' date='Mar 10 2009, 12:26 AM']Have you been drinking?[/quote]
No. ...Are you having difficulty with my humour?

In my previous post I had asked if you wanted me to make an offer... Then it was gone before I had chance to receive a reply... Hence the *ironic*, "so 'no' to offers then?" statement... :)