Why become a member? ×

Recomend me a 1x15

I'm looking at a numebr of options for playing through my B1RE (300w @ 4 ohms, 175w @ 8 ohms). However as things seem to be panning out i may be playing in different enviroments for different projects and thought aswell as getting a 4x10 for 'rocking it out i will look into getting a 1x15 for smaller gigs, pratices, jamming ( i hate that word) and for a quick chuck it in the boot kind of sollution
any ideas what i should look for?

[quote name='johnnylager' post='426262' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:17 PM']Try [url="http://barefacedbass.com/thecompact.html"]this.[/url] It'll do both. And fits in the boot.[/quote]
+1 to that. Got one on the way

or what about a 210 if you like your 410?

Edited by sk8

[quote name='sk8' post='426317' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:56 PM']+1 to that. Got one on the way

or what about a 210 if you like your 410?[/quote]

playing 2x10 at the moment. just dosent 'push the air' like i want it. Fair enough its only a cheap laney cab but i'm all about thr 'feel' of the gear, needs to melt where 2x10 i feel get a little lost in a band enviroment. yer kow? feck i sound like a hippy!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='426438' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:54 PM']You could buy one great 1x15" that can do the job of a cheap 1x15" and a cheap 4x10" for similar cost to the pair, whilst taking up less space in your house, being easier to move and sounding better. Lateral thinking! :)

Alex[/quote]

IF i can save up the money i will comming your way.

If you get a Compact you won't need any other cabs. I've just got rid of a full stack for ONE Compact. Trust me its loud enough for most gigs. I work with a very loud drummer and even louder guitarist. One cab is enough for that. (Still might get another though just cause...) :)

If you can't afford the Compact, look out for a 2nd hand Orange OBC-115, they're meant to sounds great. Also the Trace 1153, but it's rated at only 200W compared to 400W for the Orange. Both get glowing reviews in this 1x15 shootout:

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358077&highlight=1x15+shootout"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...t=1x15+shootout[/url]

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='alexclaber' post='426438' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:54 PM']You could buy one great 1x15" that can do the job of a cheap 1x15" and a cheap 4x10" for similar cost to the pair, whilst taking up less space in your house, being easier to move and sounding better. Lateral thinking! :)

Alex[/quote]

ecky thump everytime i post it ends in barefaced GAS! 175w @ 8ohms whats that going to do for me?

[quote name='William James Easton' post='426641' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:25 PM']ecky thump everytime i post it ends in barefaced GAS! 175w @ 8ohms whats that going to do for me?[/quote]
A headache. The ohms aren't so important with such a high sensitivity cab. Probably.

I'm nearly halfway to me Big One. Woo-hoo.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='Etienne' post='426495' date='Mar 5 2009, 05:31 PM']Damn it, now I'm thinking about one of these as well! Just about to sell on my Bergantinos to WoT too as it happens... Has anyone here played a Compact through a Shuttle 6.0 by any chance?[/quote]
a few people heard kiwi's through the compact. Alex rates it highly