Why become a member? ×

Trace Manual and Year ?????

Deedee

Hi all

I've just recently bought a Trace 7210HSM (GP7 SM 200 2 x 10 combo) and 1 x 15 ext cab from this very splendid forum :) However I'm after a bit of info...........

Firstly, what year would this product have been made? The serial number is 677/0089/111 I think it's 111 at the end, it's all a bit squashed in there).

Secondly, is there a manual to download from anywhere for this particular model? I've found the other SM manuals on the Trace site, and I know they just about cover things, but is there one that covers the high frequency volume dial on the back etc???

Cheers all

[quote name='Deedee' post='423666' date='Mar 2 2009, 09:07 PM']Hi all

Secondly, is there a manual to download from anywhere for this particular model? I've found the other SM manuals on the Trace site, and I know they just about cover things, but is there one that covers the high frequency volume dial on the back etc???

Cheers all[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Version 7210 HSM is characterized by the presence of the high-frequency mouthpiece, whose action is governed by the independent regulator. Both versions possess the output power of 200 W and have the tuned phase inverters. [/color]

I took that from a russian website mate, hence the dodgy english, but I'm guessing it's a control for the Horn.

In terms of age, I'm sure the series 6 stuff came out around 88, but I'm sure the SM stuff came out a touch later. In terms of identifying the exact year I can't help I'm afraid, but with hand written serial numbers it'll be wonderfully early.

Edited by Hoppo75

Not sure if this is what you want, but I've got operating instruction manual for gp12smx and gp7sm (applies to all sm and smx series models apparently). Can't recal what year I purchased my trace but think it was early nineties.

If you want it pm me your details and I'll post it on to you.

[quote name='Hoppo75' post='423754' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:28 PM'][color="#FF0000"]Version 7210 HSM is characterized by the presence of the high-frequency mouthpiece, whose action is governed by the independent regulator. Both versions possess the output power of 200 W and have the tuned phase inverters. [/color]

I took that from a russian website mate, hence the dodgy english, but I'm guessing it's a control for the Horn.

In terms of age, I'm sure the series 6 stuff came out around 88, but I'm sure the SM stuff came out a touch later. In terms of identifying the exact year I can't help I'm afraid, but with hand written serial numbers it'll be wonderfully early.[/quote]

Many thanks for that.

I wasn't sure which year they stopped making them with the carpet covering etc? This has the relatively smooth vinyl covering.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Deedee' post='439719' date='Mar 19 2009, 09:00 PM']Bump

I still wouldn't mind knowing what year this is. I've checked the serial number again and it actually reads 677/0089/1194.

Now don't call me Sherlock, but does that make it a '94??????? :)[/quote]

That should make it November '94. If you ever open up the amp there should be dates on both the circuit board and inspection stickers (I say 'should be' because I mentioned this to someone before and he couldn't find any sign of either on his!).

I emailed Trace regarding the age of my Series 6 a while ago, mine didn't have a serial number to go by so they suggested popping the cover off have having a look for date marked pots/circuit board/inspection sticker..... I think this is probably the easiest and quickest way of finding the age if you're unsure, it worked for me. Trace may also have the manual in pdf they can send you? Worth an ask at any rate, they can only say no.

[quote name='Deedee' post='440691' date='Mar 20 2009, 10:15 PM']Cheers for that guys.

Am I right in thinking it was towards the end of the '90's that Trace were taken over and things started to go a bit Pete Tong ?[/quote]

Gibson took over late '98 if I remember correctly. Some cost cutting was supposed to have gone on, but that has never stopped people singing the praises of their V8's.