Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55 02 in Pearl White - TRADED!
£1000
Lowestoft

carlsim

Moving on my Lakland 55-02 in Pearl White. This is a 2018 model, but pretty much as new. I'm just not getting on with the 35" scale and the neck isn't as slim as my Sei so it just isn't getting played. Time for it to go to a better home!

Tonally so versatile, especially with the MM/J combo and various coil options, it annoys me that it just doesn't 'fit' me. 😣
The pearly white paint looks great and definitely has a shimmer which doesn't come across in the pics - (credit BD). I will add some more tomorrow when I get a few mins and will try to capture this. It really does look great. 

Anyway, I bought this from Bass Direct in December (have proof if needed) - aiming just to reclaim what I paid. As a sweetener, I may be tempted to chuck in my GruvGear sliver gig bag for the right deal... otherwise I will source a gig bag for transit.
I can post - will be around £25, will be boxed and in a gig bag as I mentioned.

Trades are welcome, same value or I could be tempted to add some cash for the right deal. Jazz type 5s are welcome, as are most things for consideration. 

Spec's:

Lightweight Swamp Ash body
Maple neck
Maple f/b - 35" scale
Pearl White
Lakland pickups
active 3 band eq

Weight: 4.5kg (from what I could muster!)

A Lakland Quad Coil hum bucker (bridge) and a dual-coil (neck) are teamed with the same 3-band active Lakland LH3 preamp used in the US-made 55-94
to let you dial in an incredible range of tones. 3-way toggle splits bridge pickup coils for increased tonal range.
It has that deep Lakland cutaway on the high register side of the neck that allows easy access to highest frets for throwing licks on top of your grooves. 
Lakland Skyline luthiers now do their fret work using Plek technology to assure optimum playability. Plek is a CAD/CAM machine with scanning capability. 
It was developed to perform high-speed, highly accurate fret dressing, nut and bridge slotting and shaping, and engraving work. 
When used by an experienced luthier, the Plek machine produces necks with fretwork and action that equal the very best handwork and does it consistently.

B1.jpg

F1.jpg

HR.jpg

HT.jpg

R1.jpg

RE1.jpg

T1.jpg

TE1.jpg

Edited by carlsim
Sold
  • Like 6