Why become a member? ×

*SOLD**Yamaha BB1500A**SOLD*

Guest MoJo

It is with a certain amount of trepidation that I put this fine instrument up for grabs but I can only justify owning a bass if I'm actually using it and although this bass is an absolute tone machine, it doesn't suit what I'm doing at the moment. The P-bass I traded my BB415 for with Craig (basschat's Basswesty) is the dogs danglies for my rock band and my other P-bass, currently strung with D'addario Chrome XL's is just the job for my other band.

More info on the bass + pics available on the original thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4707&hl=BB1500A"]here[/url]

Currently strung with almost brand new Elixirs 35-95 and comes with a softcase. I would expect this bass to fetch in excess of £300 on eBay but to fellow Basschatters, the offer is the original £215 I paid for it + shipping/insurance costs

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='Rowbee' post='416728' date='Feb 22 2009, 05:12 PM']It's very pretty isn't it! Good luck with the sale. ;)[/quote]

It oozes quality from every angle. Very nice looking bass

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='416734' date='Feb 22 2009, 05:16 PM']I own the original 'twin' of this bass (BB2000 bought 2 from new). They have a great jazz 'honk'.

Peter[/quote]

They do indeed. If one was in the market for an active Jazz, this bass would be a serious contender

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='416734' date='Feb 22 2009, 05:16 PM']I own the original 'twin' of this bass (BB2000 bought 2 from new). They have a great jazz 'honk'.

Peter[/quote]

That's not one of the twins. I bought this used from some guy in the US, and it had been badly neglected. After removing the grunge I had to repair the preamp, steam raise a few dents from the neck, reseat a few frets and do a fret level. Turned out to be nice player though. It's good to see it's still doing the rounds at the price I sold it for.