Why become a member? ×

Pick up for Cabronita

ubit

Just now, ubit said:

Cheers ma man

Wee word o warning. Jess is pretty bad at answering emails. No a big problem but the Spanish Post Office is.

Loads of parcels go missing and the Jess/email thing doesn't help.

That said,his pickups are grand 🙂 Had a split single of his few year now and it's magic 👍

• Like 1

100 squid for a pick up is pretty steep when you don't know what you are getting right enough. Maybe his pick up breaks up too for all I know. I can maybe message him. I will keep it in mind and thanks for the info. Obviously at this time I won't be spending any great amounts on toys due to being furloughed. 

Edited by ubit

4 minutes ago, ubit said:

100 squid for a pick up is pretty steep when you don't know what you are getting right enough

Bloody hell,prices have shot up.

Have a hunt for empty covers then give Dave at Bloodstone a shout,I spoke to him in the past about Cabronitas but the covers were the problem.

He's a good fella and up for a wee challenge. Seymour Duncan don't sell their "Sting" custom direct to Europeans so I had Dave build me one,delivered in 4 days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, in a strange turn of events I picked up a Candy Apple Red Cabronita recently.  I had previous experience of these pickups in a Coronado and wasn't impressed but in this bass I really like it.  I'm assuming the Coronado semi hollow style was more of a factor than I thought. 

The fidelitron pickup is adjustable in overall height and also has adjustable pole pieces too.  I set the pole pieces low in the pickup and then adjusted the pickup height to around 5/32" from top of pole piece to underside of string.  I don't get any farty noise - I find it quite similar to a Precision. @ubit have you tried adjusting the pole pieces individually?  Set low, I find they are more low middy, but raised up (with an appropriate reduction in pickup body height) they are brighter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muppet said:

have you tried adjusting the pole pieces individually?  Set low, I find they are more low middy, but raised up (with an appropriate reduction in pickup body height) they are brighter.

Cheers, I will give this a go.