Left leaderboard
Salotti

Music Man Sterling Classic USA 2011 - SOLD!!!
£1500
Italy

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

i'm selling this beautiful and quite rare Sterling USA made, Classic model. Made in 2011, i'm the second owner:

- ash body, classic shape (no contours)

- higly figured flamed maple neck (jazz bass style nut width)

- 2 band EQ (boost only)

- Series mode humbucking pickup (VERY fat sounding)

- vintage bridge with mutes

- brand new DR hi beam strings on it

- original hard case and tags included

I can ship worldwide at cost and risk of the buyer.

Cheers!

IMG_2883.JPEG

IMG_2884.JPEG

IMG_2886.JPEG

IMG_2887.JPEG

IMG_2888.JPEG

IMG_2889.JPEG

IMG_2890.JPEG

IMG_2891.JPEG

IMG_2892.JPEG

IMG_2893.JPEG

Edited by Salotti
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Great looking bass this, lush

Thanks buddy!

• Like 1

On 15/04/2020 at 16:29, songofthewind said:

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks friend, and it sounds even better 

On 08/04/2020 at 08:46, Cuzzie said:

Great looking bass this, lush

You should do it... 😉👍🏻

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By drewk_ie
      So with an imminent arrival of a new bass 😉, I’ve decided to sell my Pre EB ‘82 Stingray... four bolt neck, the neck is straight, trussrod has life left, frets are in pretty good shape. Original preamp with electrolytic capacitors, linear taper volume pot, factory installed protection resister etc and is all very musical and effective, and gives with the pickup that sound only pre-EBs got, as we all well know! 
      Easy to play with a nice low-medium action, a comfy C-shaped neck and an instrument on light side for a Stingray, weighing in at 9lbs.
      Every part of the bass (except strings and 9V battery of course !) is original. There's no date stamp on the neck-heel, but it does happen, as you can see on Music Man inventory (musicmanbass.global).
      The bass has a very beautiful dark veneer rosewood fingerboard, which was a custom order option at this time I believe.
      Serial number B023268
      Bass will be sold with a soft case.
      Priced at £1760 Including shipping, (fees/duty etc if applicable to your location are not included).

For trades, only items I would be interested in would be either a Pre EB olympic white fretless Stingray or fretted Sabre.

• By Hellzero
      MUSIC MAN (ERNIE BALL) StingRay 5 fretted with a rare one piece light ash body and the "shell" pickguard.

For sale only as I'm thinning down the herd (again).

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1175 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and in excellent overall condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : one piece light ash body
      Neck : 6 screws bolt-on maple
      Fingerboard : rosewood
      Frets : 22 (no wear)
      Headstock : typical Music Man 4 + 1 shape
      Pickup : Music Man AlNiCo
      Preamp : Music Man 3 bands with 3 positions switch
      Controls : volume, treble, mid, bass, 3 positions switch (series/series filtered/parallel)
      Tuners : Music Man
      Bridges : Music Man
      Strings spacing at bridge : 17.5 mm
      Nut : bone
      Strings spacing at nut : 9.5 mm
      Knobs : original black metal
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : chrome
      Truss rod : 1 (fully working)
      Finish : natural gloss slightly yellowed with original shell pickguard
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : E29111
      Year : 15th of March 2002
      Weight : 4.3 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Music Man StingRay hard case (which was still a paid option in 2002).

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this bass because I'm thinning down the herd as I've just acquired a Status S2 Classic 5 headed fretless, which suits my taste better than any fretted bass.

Here is the link to the StingRay 5 page : https://www.music-man.co.uk/instruments/basses/stingray-5

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and is fitted with a brand new set of D'Addario EXL170-5 nickel round wound strings (45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 130), which fit the bass to perfection.
        What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different angles to see the real condition : almost in new condition with the very few scratches, the most "important" ones being on the headstock (bloody low ceilings).

Don't hesitate to ask for more.
    • By basskit_case
      Selling my Sterling by Musicman Ray34 in natural.  It is in excellent condition and comes with gigbag.
      Bass is great, only selling to cover unexpected bass and Ashdown purchase.
      Delivery is available at £25, I have some shipping boxes and enough bubble wrap to make it secure.

• By Rblake80
      Up for Sale is my much loved, played and looked after Musicman Sterling. This is a USA made Sterling from 1996. 
      Unfortunately needs must and I am offering it up for sale at a fair price.  For those Musicman fans out there, this is the period where Musicman recessed the neck plate! Hopefully you can see it is in great condition for a 23 year old instrument. There are a couple of dings (headstock) and some shallow marks on the body which I've tried to pick up in the pictures where visible. Apart from that the usual signs are there for an instrument that has seen many years of being played. As pointed out I have taken an image of a small ding on the radius of the fretboard on the 4th fret.
      On the scales, the weight is a manageable 9.5lbs
      The serial number lists the instrument as:
      Manufactured October 15th, 1996 Model BASS STERLING SUNBURST ROSEWOOD Controls Single Pickup, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass Switching Single Pickup - 3-way lever pickup selector The Bass comes with the original Musicman Hard Shell Case. I would rather the buyer collects (if at all possible under currently social distancing) or happy for buyer to pay for courier service with an acceptable level of insurance. 

Sorry no trades or offers on this one as it is fairly priced for an instrument of this quality.
      Any questions then feel free to PM me and I'll come straight back when I can!

• By Fred Leicester
      Now sold.

I’ve had this bass for a couple of years, but it’s not getting a lot of use as I’m really not playing 5 stringers any more, so I’m looking to let it go...
      Just been professionally serviced and set up with new strings (Ernie Ball Super Slinky). 
      I’d be interested in trades for a 4 string Fender Jazz. I’m after a 60s/62 reissue ideally, also roadworns, but happy to consider what you have. Will add cash for the right bass/one of higher value than my Ray.
      Bass in located in Norwich (as am I 😆). I have a soft case for the bass, could courier as I have a guitar box to pack it in, or I’d consider delivering in East Anglia for the right trade/price etc!
      Any questions, just ask...