Jump to content
rze99

New lockdown vid track "Sink" with pounding Precision!

Recommended Posts

Here's a new lockdown svid track, "Sink".

Pounding Precision (a parts build by me,  played by John) and resonating Rickenbackers (played by me) abound...

Social distancing and minumum use of loo paper rules were carefully observed.

Hope you're being creative too...

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like that, great recording and really good sounds on all of the individual instruments - that Precision sounds awesome. The song and performance reminded me a touch of REM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great bass sound, I like the song, and as has been said, the air in the mix works really well...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2020 at 16:16, Lozz196 said:

Really like that, great recording and really good sounds on all of the individual instruments - that Precision sounds awesome. The song and performance reminded me a touch of REM.

+1 ^^

@rze99 - great bass tone. What was your full signal chain to deliver - in particular any pedals / preamps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2020 at 16:16, Lozz196 said:

Really like that, great recording and really good sounds on all of the individual instruments - that Precision sounds awesome. The song and performance reminded me a touch of REM.

Thank you very much for checking it out and especially for the feedback. CHeers


R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

That is fab. Excellent bass and guitar tones and I really like the space in the track.

 

Thank you for the encouragement I'm glad you like the tones. I just use the tones I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

+1 ^^

@rze99 - great bass tone. What was your full signal chain to deliver - in particular any pedals / preamps?

...cheap as chips stuff to be honest.

The bass is parts build and the pickups in it are Fender MIM Player from 2018.

The bass "amp" is simply and old  Line6 X3 Pod. I have a tone that I set there years ago and tweak it. It is basically the stock Ampeg tone with some compressor. I think it is great. You gan get them dirt cheap now.  Basically for this kind of track I aim for  Bruce Foxton tone and then tweak it. I don't have a bass amp at all!

The other thing I use (but not on this track) is a Sansamp Leeds pedal -  also not expensive and works brilliantly into a desk.  You can get the Ox tone - if you can play well enough.

The guitar was recorded using the Yamaha THR100HD Vox AC30 tone with a Wampler Ego Comp compressor for squish and boost.  That head is amazing - not a bad sound in there and it records perfectly with zero set up. Out the back into the desk done deal.

The recording was done with Reason 11.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rze99 said:

...cheap as chips stuff to be honest.

The bass is parts build and the pickups in it are Fender MIM Player from 2018.

The bass "amp" is simply and old  Line6 X3 Pod. I have a tone that I set there years ago and tweak it. It is basically the stock Ampeg tone with some compressor. I think it is great. You gan get them dirt cheap now.  Basically for this kind of track I aim for  Bruce Foxton tone and then tweak it. I don't have a bass amp at all!

The other thing I use (but not on this track) is a Sansamp Leeds pedal -  also not expensive and works brilliantly into a desk.  You can get the Ox tone - if you can play well enough.

The guitar was recorded using the Yamaha THR100HD Vox AC30 tone with a Wampler Ego Comp compressor for squish and boost.  That head is amazing - not a bad sound in there and it records perfectly with zero set up. Out the back into the desk done deal.

The recording was done with Reason 11.

Brilliant - thanks!

I thought I detected a touch of Ampeg / Sansamp + P Bass.  @dannybuoy has just got himself a Leeds and is also raving about it, having persuaded me to get a VT Bass DI beforehand - lol! (No regrets btw - the VTDI is an excellent pedal!).

You guys mainly do original material? And gig in and around London? If so, be great to come and see you in action post lock down! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Brilliant - thanks!

I thought I detected a touch of Ampeg / Sansamp + P Bass.  @dannybuoy has just got himself a Leeds and is also raving about it, having persuaded me to get a VT Bass DI beforehand - lol! (No regrets btw - the VTDI is an excellent pedal!).

You guys mainly do original material? And gig in and around London? If so, be great to come and see you in action post lock down! 

thanks. To gig would be....F****g great. I so miss it. But... complicated.

We have (had) a gigging band called Bittermoon playing sort of 70s, 80s, and 90s Alt pop rock/Americana covers (yes including REM) + our tracks,  but the wonderful drummer and has a very young family and very ill Mum & Dad AND runs his own business AND lives in Oxfordshire - he would do a gig at a push but he's got his hands very full and so he's "not playing much right now". The other guitar player has a critically sick wife and is dealing with that dreadful stuff. 

The "drumming" on this stuff is me programming  patterns with some live playing percussion.  I started off on drums when I was 9 and I still play a bit. I'm very fussy about drummers. I've played with fantastic drummers and I'm spoiled. Which explains why we don't have one.

So the band is resting restlessly and just John "Scoorieboy" and me going a bit lockdown mad... But yeah I'd love to be playing live.  When / if we get it back going I'll shout out here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By seifregno
      Bass in very good condition. Only a small scratch as you see in the photo.
      Everything works fine.
      Original Mike Lull case included.
      The bass is located in Italy.












    • By FEND3R
      SOLD, PENDING THE USUAL.
       1983 Squire JV Precision bass, candy apple red, rosewood board. All original domestic JV, alder body, relatively light – 3,9kg. As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows some dings and dongs here and there, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in more than perfect functional condition: neck is straight as an arrow with minimal truss rod tension (it has a loooot more room to go), also the neck is extremely comfortable at 42mm at the nut and the playability is to die for – out of 12 precisions that I possess incl. very nice vintage fenders, this is the most comfortable to play: super nice neck profile (flat, but not too much) and extremely low action. This is also the last JV I have and the best compared to all the others I had over the years (around 10 if I remember correctly). With flats it does the Motown job, with rounds it sounds deep but aggressive.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1AJdmjTWwmQ3Qi7R9 
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the more vintage precisions. I am aware the asking price is not among the cheapest – I have sold JVs here for 500 pounds some years ago, but am also not quite sure I want to let this one go, so if it doesn’t sell for this, I’ll be happy to keep it. Plus - try to find a CAR with rosewood board - it took me close to a decade. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU. 
      You can check my feedback here -
       
    • By Storky
      Contoured body brought new and finished in this lovely “antique white”/cream by Bow Finishing. Oiled neck imported from USA has Jazz width/D profile. Seymour Duncan SCPB-2 pickup. Bespoke custom pick guard/scratch plate designed for this rear routed body - ideal if you want to remove it for that “Dusty Hill” look. Vintage style through body bridge. KiOgon wiring harness. Cost over £1,000 to put together.
      What more to say? It’s a lovely bass. Offers invited. 😉













    • By GrammeFriday
      Yes, these really are as good as the hype says they are. Proper P tone, effortless playability, lovely satin neck finish, lightweight without suffering any neck dive, and solidly built all round - astounding value for money, and the Buttercream finish is as cool as feck.
      This one was bought as slight B stock as there were a couple of minor imperfections in the paintjob, both pictured - one on the lower horn, and the other near the jack socket (at lower edge of pickguard), but they are VERY hard to spot, and have never bothered me. Other than that, pretty much immaculate apart from a bit of pickguard swirl.
      Bought new just before Lockdown 1, and it has been a home use only instrument ever since - although it has seen a lot of home use, as it has been a joy to noodle on throughout this crapsville year. In an ideal world I'd love to keep it, but the need to free up space and generate some cash means this lovely bass has to go to a new home.
      £450 collected from Birmingham B30, or happy to courier to you in a well padded gigbag protected by bubble wrap and a sturdy cardboard box at cost.
      No trades on this one, thanks, so please don't ask!
      Thanks for looking!  
×
×
  • Create New...