Why become a member? ×

Public friendly bass video content?

arthurhenry

Like many others, my covers band is currently trying to post regular video content on its Fb page. Mostly, this means individual contributions. I have posted a couple of short, fun (?) solo pieces so far, but what beyond this? A short clip demonstrating an interesting part from a song, interjected with a bit of humour? A non technical explanation of an instrument or piece of gear? It's perhaps a time when people will be grateful of some brief amusement to take up a bit of the day; but should we dare to imagine that this might extend to bass videos?!

Or leave it to the singer to perform some songs at his piano?

I did a play along with a demo my band did yesterday,  just recorded it on my iPhone and even put on some of my gig attire. It was pretty lo-fi, but it was fun, kept our followers amused and might result in something involving the entire band (if someone in the band has the expertise to synch the performances up).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ezbass said:

I did a play along with a demo my band did yesterday,  just recorded it on my iPhone and even put on some of my gig attire. It was pretty lo-fi, but it was fun, kept our followers amused and might result in something involving the entire band (if someone in the band has the expertise to synch the performances up).

Take a look at an app called Acapella. The first band member records the lead part as a video on their phone, then the others play along individually and record their parts in the app. When tbeybare done the app stitches it together,  you can apply a bit of basic eq and pan, and then download and share the video. 

It's not a Trevor Horn mix, but OK for what it is, fun for practicing, and you can keep posting for your followers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

Take a look at an app called Acapella. The first band member records the lead part as a video on their phone, then the others play along individually and record their parts in the app. When tbeybare done the app stitches it together,  you can apply a bit of basic eq and pan, and then download and share the video. 

It's not a Trevor Horn mix, but OK for what it is, fun for practicing, and you can keep posting for your followers.

Colour me interested. Thanks for that.

I've just made a video with my band.... We all shot some footage of ourselves miming along (or in the case of our guitarist, hanging the washing up with guitar round neck), and I did a multiple green screen overlay with footage of the Battle of Orgreave in the background. It came out quite well and helped keep us a little sane. (See it on the "Show us your playing videos thread or on Choked FB link below)

• Like 1