Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Head Service

Clockworkwar

[quote name='Clockworkwar' post='411841' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:58 AM']Ashdown have quoted me £69 to get a head serviced, that seems a little steep but it does include carriage. Where can I get it serviced for a lower cost? I live in Worcestershire.[/quote]

The guys at Ashdown are really nice and to be honest, if that price includes carriage I think it's very good.

[quote name='Clockworkwar' post='412048' date='Feb 17 2009, 03:07 PM']What will they actually do in the service? (never sent one for service before)[/quote]

I know what I think they'll do, but why not drop them a quick e-mail and ask them what their standard service entails?

I had to send an Amp back to Ashdown once. Although I was disappointed in having to do so, their service was great, they were really helpful and very reasonable.

If you don't get any recommendations close to you then it seems like a good move to go with them. I reckon the price is good especially if it includes postage. (check that-I had to send it to them and they paid for it to get back).

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='412271' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:48 PM']Heh heh heh, 'head'.[/quote]

MB1. ;)
.............£69 To Get your Head Serviced! :P :) :huh:
doubt youll get it serviced for less in Worcestershire!.... :angry: :P :o
....Here!...have you seen my Washboard!.....

Edited by MB1

just had my HEAD REPAIRED at ashdownn abm evo11 900 as they are only 30 mins from me i took it there myself i watched russell one of the techs and a bass player at work found the fault and then tested the amp £28
i have had a another abm head serviced at ashdown full service in which the amp was stripped down to a empty shell each part tested and cleaned four new trim pots replaced and then tested on the bench and in there sound booth £78
must inportant is that they have all the genuiane parts in stock and if it is a earley ashdown one of the techs at chelmsford would made it and it will come out off the service with the amp like new
Gary

[quote name='beastie' post='412804' date='Feb 18 2009, 10:23 AM']just had my HEAD REPAIRED at ashdownn abm evo11 900 as they are only 30 mins from me i took it there myself i watched russell one of the techs and a bass player at work found the fault and then tested the amp £28
i have had a another abm head serviced at ashdown full service in which the amp was stripped down to a empty shell each part tested and cleaned four new trim pots replaced and then tested on the bench and in there sound booth £78
must inportant is that they have all the genuiane parts in stock and if it is a earley ashdown one of the techs at chelmsford would made it and it will come out off the service with the amp like new
Gary[/quote]

It's ok if you can drive there, if you have to post it that's where the cost comes from. I don't have any relatives down there either.

[quote name='Clockworkwar' post='412894' date='Feb 18 2009, 11:57 AM']It's ok if you can drive there, if you have to post it that's where the cost comes from. I don't have any relatives down there either.[/quote]
I understand the post issuses but for pease off mind i would send it to Ashdown