Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD

Hamster

Due to a growing family of basses, I have to let this one go.

A really nice example, it's had a proper setup and has a low action.
Strung with a brand new set of DR Fatbeams - less than an hours play.
Nice Abelone scratchplate, it looks a little lighter than it really is in the photos because daylight was shining on it and I can't take photos!
Comes with an excellent condition lined Kinsman ABS bass case.
A few little marks on the head, one little ding on the side of the fretboard but you never notice it.

Not sure what the P&P will be - I'll have a look around the couriers to see who quotes me happy.

£350

[attachment=20397:DSC_3648.JPG]
[attachment=20398:DSC_3653.JPG]
[attachment=20399:DSC_3656.JPG]
[attachment=20400:DSC_3663.JPG]

I've been asked for a couple more piccys:-

[attachment=20418:DSC_3732.JPG]
[attachment=20419:DSC_3733.JPG]
[attachment=20420:DSC_3734.JPG]

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Linus27' post='411584' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:16 PM']Do these actually sound that different to a Stingray or pretty much the same?

Great looking bass.[/quote]

To be honest, I can't really hear any difference between this and my Stingray - and in fact I prefer the neck on this.

[quote name='Linus27' post='411584' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:16 PM']Do these actually sound that different to a Stingray or pretty much the same?

Great looking bass.[/quote]
iv owned both, and yeah the SUB pretty much nails it. Nice to see one for sale at a realistic price too ;) I learnt to play on my old sub, and i highly recommend it!

[quote name='Linus27' post='411797' date='Feb 17 2009, 10:56 AM']More pictures are not helping ;):) Are these basses active or passive?[/quote]

Active - all the electrics are the same as a full blown Stingray with 2EQ.

I have more pictures.............

[quote name='Hamster' post='411804' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:07 AM']Active - all the electrics are the same as a full blown Stingray with 2EQ.

I have more pictures.............[/quote]

2EQ mmmmmmmm. Wanted I really wanted in a Musicman. I promised my wife that a Precision would be my last bass, she said ok but if you get anymore then it will cost me a baby ;):) I just need to think do I get this instead of a Precision.

[quote name='Hamster' post='411815' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:19 AM']You mean you've got to sell one to get one, or castration! ;)[/quote]

HAHAHA selling babies. Thats not a bad idea :P I have a Jazz, I have a fretless, I have a Stingray and I have a EUB. The only one missing is a Precision to make my collection complete. So I am on the look out for a Precision but I love your Sub :)

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='411818' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:27 AM']HAHAHA selling babies. Thats not a bad idea ;) I have a Jazz, I have a fretless, I have a Stingray and I have a EUB. The only one missing is a Precision to make my collection complete. So I am on the look out for a Precision but I love your Sub :P[/quote]

.......you have [u]2[/u] Jazz basses - that's excessive! :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='411821' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:29 AM'].......you have [u]2[/u] Jazz basses - that's excessive! ;)[/quote]

HAHAHA damn, I've been rumbled. Just don't tell the wife :huh: Seriously, the ESP Jazz is one my late father bought me. It's been used on 100's of gigs and was my main workhorse. It's now been retired to be looked after and given to one of my children if they take up bass. So the Fender Jazz is now my new jazz bitch to be used and abused :P :)

• 1 month later...

just though I'd add my 2 penny worth.....I have a SUB 4 which is passive! Believe it or not, it still sounds exactly like the Stingray, and astonishingly, it has more output!! It can't achieve those excessive highs the active one gets, but I think they're pretty unusable anyway - unless you're hard of hearing!! :)
Great sounding bass, without any battery power, ............who would have though!!........I love it to death! :rolleyes: