Why become a member? ×

Is this rig loud?

KASH

Funny thing GK have changed their website and you cant get the specs of the cabs any more. Anyway, rather than just asking what you should buy and trying to pick out the answer from the loads of conflicting recommendations you will get, you would be better off trying stuff to decide what you like and learning about stuff, like loudness is not actually measured in watts. Lots of info on the basschat wiki.

Anyway - looking at the manual for the RBH series of cabs not only is the 410 3dB louder than the 115 but also goes deeper (31Hz vs 40Hz). So why would you want to add a 115??? There does not appear to be a manual for the RBX cabs.

[quote name='KASH' post='409802' date='Feb 14 2009, 11:07 PM']GK 1001RBII + 410RBX + 115RBX?

Or is it better to get a 410RBH now and wait...a loooooooong time to get a 115RBH?[/quote]

I used to play through a GK700RBII and 4 ohm 410RRX

You can lay-waste to vast tracts of civilization with that combo, never felt I needed a 15". You get masses of low end rumble from the 410, even with a 5 string. So unless you feel that you need to make more a visual impact than a sonic one I reckon the the 410 is all you'd ever need...

Hope that helps!

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='410132' date='Feb 15 2009, 04:16 PM']I used to play through a GK700RBII and 4 ohm 410RRX

You can lay-waste to vast tracts of civilization with that combo, never felt I needed a 15". You get masses of low end rumble from the 410, even with a 5 string. So unless you feel that you need to make more a visual impact than a sonic one I reckon the the 410 is all you'd ever need...

Hope that helps![/quote]

Whilst the 4x10 + 1x15 setup remains fashionable, I have found that in a practical gigging situation, the 1x15's slower reaction time (somebody will correct me on that I'm sure, but thats what it feels like to me) coupled with the higher output of the 4x10 means the 1x15 adds little to the rig other than height. I'm currently gigging 2 4x10's which gives monstrous low end, crisp mids and well rounded highs.

[quote name='JPJ' post='410879' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:11 AM']Whilst the 4x10 + 1x15 setup remains fashionable, I have found that in a practical gigging situation, the 1x15's slower reaction time (somebody will correct me on that I'm sure, but thats what it feels like to me) coupled with the higher output of the 4x10 means the 1x15 adds little to the rig other than height.[/quote]

The fifteen may sound slower because it produces less midrange than the tens and because it's further off-axis from your ears you hear still less of that midrange. Even one of my fancy fifteens will be a fair bit quieter with equal power than a good 4x10" and the generic large 1x15" cabs you'd usually pair with a 4x10" from Trace, Peavey, Eden, SWR, etc are significantly quieter than mine so as you say they add little other than height.

Alex