Why become a member? ×

It rubs the lotion on it's skin...

Shambo

... or else it gets the hose again!

Made ya look. :P

My name is Shambo (AKA Andy) and I hail from NW England.
After trawling the interweb looking at shiney new basses I somehow stumbled across this board. I'm hankering to return to bass after about a decade off. My last proper bass was an early 70's Jazz, (black on black, with the block inlays), which I sold for financial reasons and have forever regretted, (especially seeing how much they fetch these days). :) I've always promised myself I'd replace it with something at least as good. A friend has given me an Ibanez Roadster II which I absolutely despise, it's really horrible to play but it'll do for now and give me another couple of months to save enough to replace it. I've got a tiny Laney 15W amp to practice with 'cause I don't play in any band, just for myself.

Hello. ;)

Thank you please. What a friendly forum.

I'm in a happy place called New Brighton, with the Mersey at the bottom of my street, (I can almost smell it).

I do have bad GAS at the moment, the nearest place to do a bit of shopping is Liverpool and the lack of selection & overpricing is forcing me to look farther afield. I could make it to Manc to trawl the shops if someone could recommend me some. I lived there a few years ago and sold that Jazz to Johnny Roadhouse, (I'm still fuming ;) ) so know my way around there abit. I also spend a few years living in Bristol, (hello my babbers). :P