Why become a member? ×

Hello!

EOS650

Well, I hope its ok that I post here. I am not from the UK. In fact, I've never been there. I'm from the US and found this site when looking up some information on the bass.

I'm 21 and I'm really new at bass. Been playing only for a month and have a squire J bass with a Fender Rumble 15 Bass Combo Amplifier. I know, not the best equipment, but all that I could afford and I really don't feel like I should be buying the best gear just starting out anyway... I just started taking lessons and a local music shop.

I used to play guitar. On and off for almost 10 yrs. Got really bored with that and decided to make the switch and realized bass is 10x more fun than guitar.

So...hello!

[quote name='EOS650' post='43483' date='Aug 9 2007, 08:37 PM']Well, I hope its ok that I post here. I am not from the UK. In fact, I've never been there. I'm from the US and found this site when looking up some information on the bass.

I'm 21 and I'm really new at bass. Been playing only for a month and have a squire J bass with a Fender Rumble 15 Bass Combo Amplifier. I know, not the best equipment, but all that I could afford and I really don't feel like I should be buying the best gear just starting out anyway... I just started taking lessons and a local music shop.

I used to play guitar. On and off for almost 10 yrs. Got really bored with that and decided to make the switch and realized bass is 10x more fun than guitar.

So...hello![/quote]

Welcome to the forum. We don't mind where you're from :)

Thanks all!

EOS 650 is Canon (camera) first camera in the EOS series. Plus, it's my first "real" camera. Next to bass, I also do quite a bit of film photography and have quite a few cameras. I do have a Flickr site that I have some of my "best" work uploaded to, but I didn't put it in my sig because it's not bass related..

[quote name='EOS650' post='43525' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:51 PM']Thanks all!

EOS 650 is Canon (camera) first camera in the EOS series. Plus, it's my first "real" camera. Next to bass, I also do quite a bit of film photography and have quite a few cameras. I do have a Flickr site that I have some of my "best" work uploaded to, but I didn't put it in my sig because it's not bass related..[/quote]

Oh cool, I really liked the black and white shots and the colour shots with vintage nuance.

I know nothing of photography though, so I shan't make a fool of myself. I shall just keep talking like I've had an eloquent tea party with Oscar Wilde.

Basschat has a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23"]photography thread[/url] lurking in the shadows, perhaps you could bring it back to life and show off a few pics (works :) ).

Edited by paul, the

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='43715' date='Aug 10 2007, 12:41 PM']Hello fellow bassists!!

Thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a long serving member over on TalkBass but thought I'd give this forum a whirl due to it's UK connection.

I've been playing for 38 years now and have spent the last couple of decades heavily involved with the tribute circuit.

[b]My current bands are:[/b]

The Beautiful Sound - Beautiful South Tribute (I have, I believe, replaced another Basschat member).

The Dan Collective - Steely Dan Tribute[/quote]

Welcome Neil to the fold, good to have you around. You did replace another Basschat member in the "Sound" me !
Enjoy the gig. :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='43736' date='Aug 10 2007, 01:31 PM']Ey up John!!

I knew our paths would cross eventually!! :) :huh: :huh:

Having a real blast at the mo'.

What you up to nowadays?[/quote]

Nothing much, just looking for a decent band. I've sent you a PM rather than clutter up the forum.

Welcome to EOS as well, I think you pinched his hello thread ! LOL !!!

[quote name='dood' post='43811' date='Aug 10 2007, 10:36 AM']BassInstinct:- I have given you a new thread for your 'hello' chap. Its in this same forum. Welcome aboard. I'm a Nikon man! Ahhhh the great divide!![/quote]

Is it a digital?

I don't use strictly Canon. I also use Holga, Pentax, Polaroid, cheap $1 cameras and I also have a Kodak Brownie. (Folding Hawk-eye Model C).

I use whatever I can get. I'm not opposed to any brand.

Edited by EOS650

[quote name='dood' post='43944' date='Aug 10 2007, 07:07 PM']It's great fun pretending to be David Bailey![/quote]

I have visions of Austin Powers...

[i]"YEAH DOODLEBABY!!! YOU'RE A SEXY MEERKAT! I WANT YOU POPPING UP OUT OF THOSE BURROWS AND TAKING A GOOD LOOK AROUND!!"[/i]

[quote name='dood' post='43944' date='Aug 10 2007, 02:07 PM']Yeh, I jest actually.. I am a total n00b when it comes to photography, but I bought a decent DSLR to play with! It's great fun pretending to be David Bailey![/quote]

It might be good to learn about about photography if you have time because thats a pretty hefty tag for a point & shoot camera.