Why become a member? ×

That's it! I'm saving for an Orange

umcoo

After gazing at Orange amps for many a year, I've decided to put my finances into action (albeit slowly) and save up for an orange ad200b. I'm still a young 'un at 23 so my back should be able to cope. Looking at between £100 and £200 a month so I'll be looking for a used one in 4-5 months time! Let the daydreaming end and let the major GASing begin! For all Orange owners...post pics or say something nice to me or something!

I could only find this pic of my rig, it's a bit similar to Daves' rig.. and Basszilla might have a similar pic to share too ;)

This pic is from a live stoner-rock recording that I played bass for last summer. It was far from the most ideal cab setup but it worked surprisingly well. The Tiny Terror and Marshall cab was being used by a synth player, my AD200B and Berg NV610 is nestled in the middle and the Orange 4x12 on the end had a Thunderverb 200 linked up to it in the other room. The Tiny Terror, NV610 and AD200B are my toys, the rest of it was borrowed from various people that kindly lent us stuff for our Orangey mission...

[quote name='thumbo' post='405115' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:16 AM']I could only find this pic of my rig, it's a bit similar to Daves' rig.. and Basszilla might have a similar pic to share too ;)

This pic is from a live stoner-rock recording that I played bass for last summer. It was far from the most ideal cab setup but it worked surprisingly well. The Tiny Terror and Marshall cab was being used by a synth player, my AD200B and Berg NV610 is nestled in the middle and the Orange 4x12 on the end had a Thunderverb 200 linked up to it in the other room. The Tiny Terror, NV610 and AD200B are my toys, the rest of it was borrowed from various people that kindly lent us stuff for our Orangey mission...
[/quote]

edit: forgot to mention, if you stick a nice vintage mic infront of an NV610 with an AD200B you're quite likely too poop yourself from the stunning tone, I've spoken to Basszilla about this before, he had a similar experience.

You can also use the slave out on the AD200B as DI out live, I did this for the first time the other day at a gig and had a lot of compliments on my tone - so it must have sounded alright!

You won't regret buying an ad200b! [size=1]*don't quote me on that though hehe*[/size]

I have the same rig as obbm and thumbo.. Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of a good photo, although obbms and thumbos shots pretty much cover it!

Thanks to Ed I was able to get one at a decent price and I haven't looked back since.

Lovely tone on them. Awesome amount of depth and girth! Oodles of drive if that's your bag. Sounds great with both my gibson ripper and spector. I usually stick a bluebeard in front of it for jokes.

Glad to hear the di thing worked ok Ed! I used mine for some live recordings last night, sounded ace. I'll post some clips when I get a copy of the session.

Tim, that g3 in my avatar isn't mine, but I'll sort some pics tonight maybe.

Tee, thanks for that...bet it sounds awesome with the aguilar.

Also, just found this...

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/london/94/33681594.html"]http://www.gumtree.com/london/94/33681594.html[/url]

Orange amps rock!!!

All tho i'm biased in saying that as I endorse them, but seriously cool tube tone that's a little bit different to the Ampeg tube sound.

Sounds absolutely fat with a fender precision.

My rig - Orange AD200B 4X10 and 1x15 with a Lakland bob glaub or Fender jazz re-issue with quarter pounders

Going to pick up a tiny terro bass for a backup when they go into production.

[quote name='attackbass' post='405862' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:09 PM']Orange amps rock!!!

All tho i'm biased in saying that as I endorse them, but seriously cool tube tone that's a little bit different to the Ampeg tube sound.

Sounds absolutely fat with a fender precision.

My rig - Orange AD200B 4X10 and 1x15 with a Lakland bob glaub or Fender jazz re-issue with quarter pounders

Going to pick up a tiny terro bass for a backup when they go into production.[/quote]

so you have contacts at orange then? tell them to get a shift on as i want to try the terror bass or they'll get a dry slap. ;)

[quote name='Tee' post='405533' date='Feb 10 2009, 05:19 PM']

I love my Orange. Fat, thick, warm. I swear you don't have to touch the EQ even. It sounds great when you switch it on ;)[/quote]

Lovely looking rig. Agreed about the eq. Fatter than a large hippo at an all you can eat diner.

[quote name='thumbo' post='405604' date='Feb 10 2009, 06:33 PM']I like that expression Tim! I get total tonal devastation when I run my 70's P-bass with the gain cranked past 3 o'clock. It sounds huge, or TTD to quote Tim.[/quote]

I [i]really[/i] need to try out a old school P through this rig. I imagine it would sound delicious.

[quote name='umcoo' post='405802' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:05 PM']Off Topic: Tim, G3 pics up now...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40914&pid=405801&st=0&#entry405801"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry405801[/url][/quote]

Sweet!!!!!! I love the G3s, cracking looking bass mate!

Guys I think we need to start the official BC AD200B club!! :) Bagsy number 1 :huh: :P

[quote name='Basszilla' post='406124' date='Feb 11 2009, 11:44 AM']Lovely looking rig. Agreed about the eq. Fatter than a large hippo at an all you can eat diner.

I [i]really[/i] need to try out a old school P through this rig. I imagine it would sound delicious.[/quote]

I play US Precisions through mine and an old 70s Mustang. All sound super lovely.

Edited by Tee

At the last couple of rehearsals I´ve had the pleasure of playing my P bass through an old Orange 120 Watt amp (no idea what model) and an Ampeg 8x10.
Wow. Simply WOW. Bit, fat, crunchy, growly rock tone heaven.

Usually the place has an Ampeg SVT Classic (which is being serviced ATM) and I have to say that I clearly prefer the Orange sound. Probably because it goes into overdrive sooner due to the lower wattage. Killer amp.

I'm agreeing with umph, umcoo you should really seriously check out Matamp's stuff. A guy I know is heavily into Matamp (to the point of factory tours, four custom cabs and a regular line to the factory cheif's home phone) and as far as I know Matamp actually built the original batch of AD200's, they were also asked to spec the new version prior to Orange taking over construction. They're also remarkably friendly folks. Just not cheap ;)

Best thing about them though - when you go to their site, there's a big Matamp logo and underneath it says "click for tone".

Love it.

Edited by MananaMan