Why become a member? ×

Fixed length Nylon Strap

ped

Hi folks

I prefer fabric or nylon straps on one of my basses but don’t like the buckle you get on adjustable length ones. Call me weird but I also don’t like that part of the strap is doubled where it loops back. I tend to have my strap quite short so this ends up being most of the length. 

After measuring my preferred length from hole to hole (100cm) I went to Etsy to find someone to make me a fixed length job.

A few emails and the next day it’s ready - being posted as we speak (from Ukraine I think) 

I really like Etsy for this sort of thing. 

Cheers

ped

85364D01-7C87-4E5D-8932-95FF8C2E3CA9.jpeg

• Like 4

I used to be like that but now I like to retain the seated position when standing. Not that I’ll ever stand if there’s somewhere I can sit instead! Even then, I’ve been liking a strap whilst seated recently. 

I normally use wide leather straps on my other basses but this bass is very light and I think a normal guitar strap looks nicer too. 

Etsy is great though they’ll make whatever you want! I’ve had loads of straps from there. 

Well originally it was £39 inc. p&p when adjustable with hardware and a pick holder. I was expecting it to be a bit more with the customisations but it was the same. Not cheap I guess but it’s exactly what I wanted so fair enough. The ends are proper leather not PU.