Why become a member? ×

New band

niceguyhomer

You walked the walk , Al, - f****ing good effort - and I think that entitles you to talk the talk with the band re. your concerns.

My guess is they'll be pretty receptive to a bloke who wants to play the songs with a bit more thought and may not feel they have to wing it so much to lift things.

If you've walked straight into that , and joined in with the winging as well as shown what you can do in a week , they'd be dumb not to listen.

[quote]bring mates[/quote]

bring manc's ;)

I didn't realise the extent of Manc/Scouse rivalry until I worked in a Young Offenders 'Institution' in Lancaster. The daft thing was the 'Norvern Monkeys' hate the 'Suvvern Cahnts', the Mancs hate the Scousers and the Liverpudlians hate the guys from Birkenhead worst of all :P

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='steve-soar' post='409618' date='Feb 14 2009, 06:44 PM']Well in Al, brilliant work and playing Oasis tunes and not needing to shower for a week afterwards.
So how long did you play for all together, seems like a marathon gig?[/quote]

It was a bit of a marathon - probably 2 hours in total. I spoke to the guitarist earlier - he wanted to know how I was feeling I told him I was fine and that I'll get stuck in and learn another 20 songs. He told me to hang fire cos it's changing :) :huh: and in the meantime could I learn Rocket Man, Rosanna and Signed, Sealed Delivered ;) Gotta laugh eh..

We have the luxury of a rehearsal next Sunday before a gig on the following Friday. I think I'm gonna buy a crystal ball and see what the set will be for that :P

[quote name='BeLow' post='409893' date='Feb 15 2009, 09:00 AM']Nice one.

So are you sticking with it? Whatever you do don't trade your gear for a Harley without giving me a heads up first.[/quote]

Mornin' Jon, yes I'll stick with it, I like a challenge, it keeps you young ;) Having to learn 20 songs a week and more 'on the night' keeps the adrenaline going and what brain I have left active too. Gotta think of these things when you're 39 like me. :P

Edited by niceguyhomer