Why become a member? ×

Ridiculous prices!

neepheid

I was in Edinburgh at the weekend and I saw a Squier Classic Vibe 50s P in the flesh for the first time. Looks nice. Then I looked at the price tag...

£549 (was £700-odds).

Must be a mistake, no? They're like about £250 online are they not? I left the shop somewhat bemused.

[quote name='Rayman' post='403724' date='Feb 8 2009, 08:10 PM']Must be a mistake surely, if not, that's utter madness. You can find a nice used MIA for that.[/quote]

They had written on the tag that it was a Squier Classic Vibe. How odd. If I was actually looking to buy it then I would have pointed out the incongruence.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='403739' date='Feb 8 2009, 08:24 PM']How much??? ;) Out of interest, what shop was that?

Jon.[/quote]

The one on the Grassmarket - Red Dog?

I'm sure it is a mistake. They had a Fender Mustang next to it (Jap reissue I presume) for £499 which seems about right for a shop.

[quote name='neepheid' post='403753' date='Feb 8 2009, 08:35 PM']The one on the Grassmarket - Red Dog?

I'm sure it is a mistake. They had a Fender Mustang next to it (Jap reissue I presume) for £499 which seems about right for a shop.[/quote]
i knew they had gone up but not that much! ;) at least they got the mustang price right!

[quote name='neepheid' post='403712' date='Feb 8 2009, 07:59 PM']I was in Edinburgh at the weekend and I saw a Squier Classic Vibe 50s P in the flesh for the first time. Looks nice. Then I looked at the price tag...

£549 (was £700-odds).

Must be a mistake, no? They're like about £250 online are they not? I left the shop somewhat bemused.[/quote]

tell them to
awa an bile yer heid

that is a mistake i am sure