Why become a member? ×

Sounds Live - Good Customer Service

bassbloke

I am a recent convert to guitar. Bass is cr*p really.

I wanted a Korg Pandora to go with said guitar and after much searching for a PX3 found a PX4D on soundslive at £99.

I ordered said item and it arrived yesterday. However, on opening the box I discovered the item had been sent to Korg for repair and returned fixed to the customer.

I duly called Soundslive and was immediately offered a full apology and the choice of a full refund or £20 discount. I accepted the latter.

No fuss, no unpleasantness, no hassles.

More retailers like this please.

[quote name='Eight' post='401858' date='Feb 6 2009, 10:57 AM']Of course they're sound; they're Geordies. ;)

Shame on you.[/quote]

Yep , used them a lot. Family owned with shop separate from their net business. Absorbed some good guys from the Sound Control shop that was just around the corner from them.

Take their Customer service very seriously, maybe not the cheapest but all players and know what they are talking about

Edited by High score

[quote name='crez5150' post='401854' date='Feb 6 2009, 10:52 AM']Guitarist....!!!! We'll have none of that here... Be off with you at once!!![/quote]

I'll be honest, I took up guitar with the sole intention of learning a few sweep picking licks and Inkblot Maelstrom-esque Spanish Phrygian flurries jsut so that when one of our guitarists leaves his banjo lying about I can pick it up and annoy him. It also seems fair as everytime some virtuoso guitarist picks up my bass he feels inclined to treat me to an endless barrage of slapped machine-gun triplets.

Ah but you forget gitters are wired up differently from the rest of the band. Play lead even when they're not. Drive a sound man nuts cos they never stop noodling when trying to sound check someone else....... ;)

I play gitter as well but trust me, these comments are based on doing sound at hundreds of gigs..........

:P :) :huh:

"Bass is cr*p", don't you mean you're cr*p at bass? ;)

I'm kinda the opposite from you, converted to bass from guitar (converted from keys to guitar before that) but I still play whatever instrument I can as it's good fun to be able to play several.

I've looked at Soundslive before & never heard any bad reports about them so I may give them a try for my next purchase. I've no idea what that is yet tho!

[quote name='xgsjx' post='401880' date='Feb 6 2009, 11:17 AM']"Bass is cr*p", don't you mean you're cr*p at bass? :P

I'm kinda the opposite from you, converted to bass from guitar (converted from keys to guitar before that) but I still play whatever instrument I can as it's good fun to be able to play several.

I've looked at Soundslive before & never heard any bad reports about them so I may give them a try for my next purchase. I've no idea what that is yet tho![/quote]

Yep crap at all them which is why I inherited sound desk ;)

Must admit, have seen a few live bands that play each others gear in the set for a laugh and it works well.........

Sound desk is a skill in itself, especially if the gitter is like the one in my rock band, can never play at a steady volume & constantly plays over the vocals instead of with them or between them, and then when it's time for a solo, he's run out of steam!

He is good at hooklines & as he is really a folk gitterer we forgive him. But the singer is gonna get control of the volume pedal for him! :brow:

I'm enjoying playing gitt on a couple of tracks in my altDot band (BigRoom) & have dropped bass in a couple more to get the singer/gitter to play banjo or trumpet (the ukeist is sh!te on gitt as has no dynamic concept, a bit like my rock gitter).

[quote name='xgsjx' post='401880' date='Feb 6 2009, 11:17 AM']"Bass is cr*p", don't you mean you're cr*p at bass? ;)

I've looked at Soundslive before & never heard any bad reports about them so I may give them a try for my next purchase. I've no idea what that is yet tho![/quote]

No, I'm absolutely wonderful at bass, so I decided that the larger guitar community should benefit from my greatness.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='401852' date='Feb 6 2009, 10:50 AM']I am a recent convert to guitar. Bass is cr*p really.[/quote]
Clearly, you ain't doing it right! :P

I've found Sounds Live to be pretty good on the few occasions I've used them, both buying online and in the shop - apart from one time I just wanted a set of strings & was served by some hostile little cock who made it abundantly apparent that I was intruding on his social life by expecting him to do his job for about 90 seconds. That was a long time ago & with luck he's dead now anyway. ;)

Jon.

[quote]No, I'm absolutely wonderful at bass, so I decided that the larger guitar community should benefit from my greatness.[/quote]

Fair enough. But the world does need more great bassists & there's already billions (in the astronomical term) of great guitarists (me being one of them).

On another note about good service tho. I recently called DV247 for some advice on a couple of products & get a very good service & they price matched & then knocked the postage off. Sounds Live didn't have what I was looking for but I did try them as well.