Why become a member? ×

traded...................................

voxpop

HI Guys

Im looking for £1050 for this very unique SANDBERG Custom. Postage will be £35 which covers £2000 insurance.

This is a very special Sandberg Custom 4 string bass. It is about 14 months old and in fantastic condition. It has many features that are not available unless it is ordered as a one off design. This bass took 9 months to build and cost £2090.00 to build.
I have listed below all of the features of this unique bass.

Body.. Mahogany with Walnut
Body top.. Quilted maple
Body finish.. Gloss
Neck.. Hardrock Maple
Finger board.. Birds eye maple
Headstock finish.. Quilted maple
Neck and Headstock finish.. Gloss
Gold hardware
Coil tap switch for each pickup
Delano Soap bar pickups
3 band EQ. ( bass, mid, top )
Passive and active circuit
mother of pearl dot inlays on finger board and neck
Chipped with a 'ChipTrac' for recovery if stolen

This bass has a wonderful high end sound. The bass is solid, mids are clear and the top is strong without the harshness of cheaper designs.

I can not stress highly enough how great this bass sounds, it a unique design, from a high end German maker.

Please contact me if you would like a demo.

This bass will be packed in a Fender hard case for postage.

Any question....please get in touch.

This is a really fantastic bass and will be missed....but it has to go.

[attachment=19874:DSC_0409.JPG]

[attachment=19847:sand_1.jpg]

Thanks.

Edited by voxpop

[quote name='molan' post='401799' date='Feb 6 2009, 09:52 AM']There's a cheap listing option called something like 'picture pack' which gives you about 5 pics plus enlarged views etc.

Looks really nice by the way ;)[/quote]

You can also add pics with the HTML feature by putting links in to where the picture is stored - it's similar to adding a picture file to a post on BC and you don't get charged the extra by the banditos that are the robbing ebay bastardos.

[quote name='voxpop' post='403647' date='Feb 8 2009, 07:01 PM']I'm afraid the credit crunch has hit and I'm GASing for a good 5 string Sandberg.
It really will be hard to let this bass go as it is customized to my spec by the Sandberg team.

I've up loaded more pics.....if any Basschatter wants to trade then let me know.

Thanks

Marc[/quote]

The Sandberg are amazing Basses i played a few of them this weekend.
I am looking for a California Supreme and JM in Sunburst and a Highgloss too and also the matt finish JM.

Best of luck selling it ;)

What was your custom model based on?

jazz

[quote name='dunetune_jazz' post='403830' date='Feb 8 2009, 09:42 PM']The Sandberg are amazing Basses i played a few of them this weekend.
I am looking for a California Supreme and JM in Sunburst and a Highgloss too and also the matt finish JM.

Best of luck selling it ;)

What was your custom model based on?

jazz[/quote]

The Custom is their high end bass range. I also have the hollow body Thinline version which I'm keeping. I asked them to mod it and gloss finish the neck which is not on the price list, extras include the coil tap switches and Gold hardware. That is why it cost so much, it really is a one off unique bass.

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='410136' date='Feb 15 2009, 04:24 PM']Fantastic looking bass this. I noticed you have a fretted Thinline too. I can't say I've ever seen a fretted one; custom option from the factory?

'Ave a bump.[/quote]

Good luck mate I really hope this bass sells for you. It's stunning and needs a good home fingers crossed for ya!

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='410136' date='Feb 15 2009, 04:24 PM']Fantastic looking bass this. I noticed you have a fretted Thinline too. I can't say I've ever seen a fretted one; custom option from the factory?

'Ave a bump.[/quote]

THanks for the nice comments......the Thinline has been fretted by a local guy, I just couldn't get on with a fretless board.

I have been told by Sandberg its the only one that they know of with frets....very unique as I have also added a coil tap and a BURFORD MID CHOKE. This little box removes all of the Mid frquencies to give a dark sound.

Thank you to all the basschatters that have offered a cash deal or trade.

I have thought long and hard about replacing this wonderful Sandberg. Idealy I need £1050 for a new 5 string Sandberg or a trade for a Jazz style 5 string. It must be 35" scale with 17mm spacing at the bridge.

If anyone has a 5 string that matches my requirements please get in touch.........if not then you still can get this fantastic bass for HALF price at £1050.

Thanks.

Marc

[quote name='voxpop' post='410717' date='Feb 16 2009, 08:36 AM']THanks for the nice comments......the Thinline has been fretted by a local guy, I just couldn't get on with a fretless board.

I have been told by Sandberg its the only one that they know of with frets....very unique as I have also added a coil tap and a BURFORD MID CHOKE. This little box removes all of the Mid frquencies to give a dark sound.[/quote]

Interesting stuff indeed! I'd love to hear how it sounds. Good luck with the sale on this one. A bargain of a price.

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='411342' date='Feb 16 2009, 06:50 PM']Interesting stuff indeed! I'd love to hear how it sounds. Good luck with the sale on this one. A bargain of a price.[/quote]

It has a very unique sound.....very strong woody mids and a lean but articulate bass with a hifi top end. I have not heard another bass that comes close to this sound. It really is unique.