Why become a member? ×

Fenix PJ bass - SOLD!
£160
East Yorkshire

casapete

Selling my black Fenix PJ bass. This was made in the early 1990's in Korea by the same company (Young Chang)  who made the excellent quality Squier instruments at the time for Fender. The bass is in very good condition considering it is close on 30 years old! Precision and Jazz style pickups, which originally had Stratocaster style knobs fitted but I have replaced these with the more usual chrome ones. ( original knobs come with it too though.) Nice chunky bridge, and the rosewood fretboard is nicely figured. Very well made bass, sounds great with recently fitted strings. Will come with a 70's vintage shaped hard case, scruffy but does the job!

These often fetch around £200 + (one currently on ebay for £275!) so a good price for a great bass. Happy to listen to offers though!

NOW SOLD!

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

Edited by casapete
Locations changed
  • Like 3

Couple of things, yes the market is hard work,  and a lot of folk dont know how good the fenix stuff was and that they had a hand in early squier production etc. A bit of spiel about that might helps move things along.   I have a fenix jazz bass, excellent wish i still had it.  

• Like 1

You might already know, but there's a Fenix owners' FB page, might be worth sticking it on there. I would say the price is a silly bargain, but BC is BC... 

I have a Fenix Strat, basically a hot-rodded version of the Young Chang Squier (and the reason they lost the Fender contract), and it's a killer, plays better than my E- serial MIJ.

• Like 1

I had one of these for a while but with the scalloped headstock that I think came a bit later on the time line than this bass.  Great instruments and very nicely put together as @Bassassin mentioned looks to be a great value purchase for somebody.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic