Why become a member? ×

The world's gone mad!

Happy Jack

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hofner-Violin-Bass-Signed-McCartney-Owned-Paul-Weller_W0QQitemZ130284896619QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_Autographs_CV?hash=item130284896619&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hofner-Violin-Bass-S...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

It's a bog-standard early-70's Hofner 500/1 Violin Bass.

Under normal circumstances he might hope to get somewhere near £1000 ... and be disappointed as it sold for maybe £650.

£12,995 because some other bass players have owned it, and Paul McCartney once stood next to it? ;)

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='396597' date='Feb 1 2009, 03:24 AM']...and then subtract £12,500 for the Style Council connection. (Spits with disgust).

Mind you, some Weller-head will probably have it.[/quote]
Dont diss the style council. Do you have style? I think not!

[quote name='YouMa' post='396601' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:58 AM']Dont diss the style council. Do you have style? I think not![/quote]

Correct, I am indeed, style free! Mr Style and I are not on speaking terms and I am not at home to him. I have charitably yet accurately been described as looking like "a sack of sh*t tied up in the middle."

But I didn't split the best band of the 80's, wear shorty beige macs, work with the ugliest keyboard player in the world and call myself "The Cappucino Kid".

(Spits again, this time in an agricultural sort of way). :P ;)

Edited by skankdelvar