Why become a member? ×

Ashdown LB30 more bass

Reggaebass

It's a great little pedal to have as a spare DI, good tone shaping and a decent sounding drive just to push your tone a bit. There's a version for acoustics (and a guitar one) which I used to use on bass as, from memory, it swaps the drive control for a mid control, but the bass one should be a good place to start. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

If you’ve set your eq like you say in the first post then I reckon a different cab is your best bet - choosing the right cab for your sound is vital.

Yeah maybe Paul, the markbass cab is spot on with my Ashdown mag head  which is what I play with , but with the LB it just lacks a bit of deep bass, I’ve had it all checked over by Dave green and he said it’s perfect 

I have a LB30 playing through Ashdown 212.

have you thought of using a Gibson EB3 through it, or similar bass? 

I think my sound is really bassy, perhaps, therefore, can you swap bass and see if that helps you achieve what you are looking for?

cheers, great little amp anyway!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tullfan said:

great little amp anyway!

Hi Tullfan, they really are a great amp, I play a jazz bass with tapes which is good with my other amps, so I now use the behringer BDI21 with the LB , and it sounds great, it gives me just that little bit more bass , cheers ☝️

• Like 1