Why become a member? ×

SWR Henry 8x8 Speaker cabinet

casapete

Continuing my downsizing, here is my fab SWR cabinet.

NOW SOLD - Thanks to everyone for interest shown.

It is rated by SWR at 450 watts/4 ohms, yet I always thought it was 480 watts (8x60 watt drivers).
Whatever, it sounds bloody marvellous - think Ampeg SVT 8x10,but a bit more manageable/compact.
Has useful variable tweeter control too. Made in USA.

Have been using it with GK 700RB,which is a great combination. Lots of bottom end,yet clean and articulate too.
(Check out the rave reviews on Harmony Central.)
Yes I know its a bit large & heavy(approx 100 lbs uncased),but the sound this thing gives out makes it worthwhile -easily managed by 2 people into the back seat of a medium sized motor!

Also comes with custom built flight case,which cost a fortune. Has seen some use,but still v.tidy and serviceable.

Only selling due to arm injury,which has forced me onto keyboards for immediate future.

So got to be worth £275 - less than a crap Chinese made 8x10, and sounds so much better! Flightcased too.

Am in East Yorkshire, but possible help with delivery/meet up etc.
Cheers for looking.

Edited by casapete

[quote name='casapete' post='394747' date='Jan 29 2009, 05:27 PM']Am in East Yorkshire, but possible help with delivery/meet up etc.[/quote]
Thank god for that - if you were within "spitting" distance I'd be in VERY big trouble now!! Cracking cab at a cracking price ;)

[quote name='casapete' post='395108' date='Jan 30 2009, 01:10 AM']Afraid not! Can't remember what was on it though.

Thanks for nice comments-this is a great cab for someone who wants a proper grown up rig.
And a bargain too![/quote]

The one I had was in a flightcase identical to this - It was owned by the simple minds bass player at some point.
I sold it to a guy from cornwall (i think, somewhere in the west country) for a lot more than this one is going for -about £500 quid I think.

Highly recommended - these sound fantastic with a little mark.

Thanks mate.
Forgot to say in the original thread that although not the smallest of cabs (!), it is quite easy to move around.
Same design as an SVT - tilt back onto castors using rear handle, and trundle away!

So, any interest out there-offers even?