Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ken smith ??

littleal

I'm thinking about looking around for a ken smith through neck 6 string in the next couple of months & was wondering if any one on here knows anything about them i.e. how much i'd expect to pay for a used one roughly & any other info such as tonal capability's & where i could possibly find one ??

Any help would be much appreciated ;)

Allan.

There was a really nice Smith 5 in the Gallery recently priced at £1,700. It was listed as a full on BSR5 EG model whis is pretty much top of the range. If it was genuinely an EG model than £1,700 was pretty cheap.

Unsurprisingly when I called back a couple of days later to enquire further about it I discovered it was already sold.

Really nice to play & I loved the cutting tone it had. Wasn't 100% sure I could use that sound live but didn't get enough time to see how flexible the potential sounds were.

[quote name='molan' post='393703' date='Jan 28 2009, 02:35 PM']There was a really nice Smith 5 in the Gallery recently priced at £1,700. It was listed as a full on BSR5 EG model whis is pretty much top of the range. If it was genuinely an EG model than £1,700 was pretty cheap.

Unsurprisingly when I called back a couple of days later to enquire further about it I discovered it was already sold.

Really nice to play & I loved the cutting tone it had. Wasn't 100% sure I could use that sound live but didn't get enough time to see how flexible the potential sounds were.[/quote]

Yes i saw that one & phoned them only to find out it was sold ;) i'm realy after a 6 string but i think i may have bought that one it looked lovely,
Oh well my search (research continues)

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='393698' date='Jan 28 2009, 02:31 PM']I emailed Ken Smith directly asking for him to endorse me. Had some quite comical emails from him! He's a grumpy f***er![/quote]

That was a classic conversation. Quite impressed he replied, unlike the others!

ped