Version excursion!

Original: Aswad, Love Fire

Aswad, Dub Fire

Dennis Brown, Promise Land 

Damian Marley & Nas, Land of Promise

Edited by SumOne
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Haven’t heard that in a long while, I remember buying the album when it came out and was blown away, great selection 

Yeah, 'New chapter of dub' is a great album. 

• Like 1

I've had a melody (and its lyrics) stuck in my head for decades now from a song I heard in the 90s. It was a line in a dancehall song, but I just can't remember what that song or the artist was. So recently I actually tried in earnest to find that 90s song. I still have not found it, but in doing so, I realised that the melody is actually quoting another much older song (I should have known).

And now, I've found a bunch of versions of that original song (it must be popular, I just did not know about it!). I see versions by Dennis Brown, The Skatalites, Anthony B and the Mighty Vikings. But I'll put the version here from Johnny Clarke cause I'm diggin that vibe today...I'm still on the hunt for my song, but the internet/youtube can be a wonderful thing.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Tandro said:

I've had a melody (and its lyrics) stuck in my head for decades now from a song I heard in the 90s. It was a line in a dancehall song, but I just can't remember what that song or the artist was. So recently I actually tried in earnest to find that 90s song. I still have not found it, but in doing so, I realised that the melody is actually quoting another much older song (I should have known).

And now, I've found a bunch of versions of that original song (it must be popular, I just did not know about it!). I see versions by Dennis Brown, The Skatalites, Anthony B and the Mighty Vikings. But I'll put the version here from Johnny Clarke cause I'm diggin that vibe today...I'm still on the hunt for my song, but the internet/youtube can be a wonderful thing.

That’s a great song and yeah there’s many versions, if I’m not mistaken I think the original is by Carlton &the shoes, I’ll have a look at the 90s releases 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1