Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

13 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I'm also listening to something from 1980, Steel Pulse album 'Caught You' which has this on it:

Great one, haven’t heard that in a long time, I think the album I remember the most from back then is Handsworth Revolution, and probably one of their most known tracks is this, Prediction is a good one too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Great one, haven’t heard that in a long time, I think the album I remember the most from back then is Handsworth Revolution, and probably one of their most known tracks is this, Prediction is a good one too 

Crazy, yesterday I was thinking about posting exactly this song and then found out that there was already a lot of them posted here and decided not to do. :)  great song

Edited by eloisa

Dandy Livingstone - Rudy, A Message to You

"A Message To You Rudy" was originally recorded by the reggae artist Dandy Livingstone in 1967. His original recording was a portrait of social unrest amongst the youth in Kingston, Jamaica. Rudy" (or Rudi, Rude boy) is a Jamaican term for criminal juveniles.

15 hours ago, SumOne said:

I'm also listening to something from 1980, Steel Pulse...

13 hours ago, eloisa said:

Crazy, yesterday I was thinking about posting exactly this song and then found out that there was already a lot of them posted here and decided not to do. :)  great song

You can never have too much Steel Pulse...

• Like 4

Hi @eloisa great to see a new contributor on here, and thanks for putting the artist and title in your post. Makes the thread so much easier to search, unlike when I compiled a playlist from some of the earlier posts - you can find over 17 hours on this Spotify playlist 

Sorry @Reggaebass, no, I'm not going to update it 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Hi @eloisa great to see a new contributor on here, and thanks for putting the artist and title in your post. Makes the thread so much easier to search

I see it the same way.

42 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

unlike when I compiled a playlist from some of the earlier posts - you can find over 17 hours on this Spotify playlist 

Thank you very much, i do not use spotify, I always had problems, but now I have to create a new account.;)