Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

I got Lee Perry's Revolution Dub album on vinyl at the weekend. It's a low-fi recording and some of his craziest stuff -  some frustrating things like sudden harsh shouts and massive panning, but when it works it it really works - this is one that's skating just on the right side of sanity and is great, I feel stoned just listening to it:  

It must have been one of the first times samples were used (sounds like a nature documentary in the intro).

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Don't know if he is doing this show elsewhere, but this looks like an interesting gig, and just down the road from me!

https://botw.ticketline.co.uk/order/tickets/13357879/cleveland-watkiss-presents-the-great-jamaican-songbook-at-komedia-brighton-brighton-komedia-2021-10-25-19-30-00

That might be worth a look in myke if it’s not too far, I can’t say I’m familiar with him, but it says he sings the songs of ,Gregory isaacs, Dennis brown, delroy Wilson 

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

That might be worth a look in myke if it’s not too far, I can’t say I’m familiar with him, but it says he sings the songs of ,Gregory isaacs, Dennis brown, delroy Wilson 

I've known of him as a Jazz artist. Seems like he works on a lot on arts projects. Looks like a very talented guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I kind of remember Midnite, didn't they come from somewhere a bit unusual?.. pretty sure they weren't Jamaican..

The Virgin Islands, I remember them from the early 90s , I’ve played a few of their songs, they are a bit hit and miss, but worth a quick flick through 

• Thanks 1