Why become a member? ×

G&L L2500

stingrayfan

You're right about the EQ and pickups - and the Musicman feel. Feels like it's like a refined Stingray - easier playing position thanks to the double humbuckers close together. The only thing I don't like about the G&Ls is the ugly headstock but the 5ers are more smoothed out. I think I might be a G&L convert. Will have to change my Basschat nickname. ;-)

great bit of business.these are great basses with bags of character.

and I know someone else on these boards who snagged a USA G&L this week for the same amount

but I'll let him tell you himself

congratulations in the meantime are in order for the L2500

DJ

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='42460' date='Aug 7 2007, 01:59 PM']great bit of business.these are great basses with bags of character.

and I know someone else on these boards who snagged a USA G&L this week for the same amount

but I'll let him tell you himself

congratulations in the meantime are in order for the L2500

DJ[/quote]
+ 1

Nice bass and a really good price...Especially for a USA model!!

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='41808' date='Aug 6 2007, 09:25 AM']

[b]G&L L2500[/b]

Bought this for a bargain price after a tip-off from another BC'er. 2001 US model with usual G&L spec. Did a couple of tours with a well known British soul-pop singer, so the former owner "did a gig in Europe on Monday, went to Egypt on Tuesday, then chilled on Sunday". Got a nice "played in" feel as a result. Came with original receipt & G&L certificate. No case but I got it for a shade under 350 quid. Not bad, eh?[/quote]
Played this bass at the SE Bash yesterday and it's absolutely fantastic! Makes it even more of a bargain...

Nik

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='41808' date='Aug 6 2007, 09:25 AM']Bought this for a bargain price after a tip-off from another BC'er. 2001 US model with usual G&L spec. Did a couple of tours with a well known British soul-pop singer, so the former owner "did a gig in Europe on Monday, went to Egypt on Tuesday, then chilled on Sunday". Got a nice "played in" feel as a result. Came with original receipt & G&L certificate. No case but I got it for a shade under 350 quid. Not bad, eh?[/quote]

what makes it even more amazing is that if what i'm thinking is true then it could have sold for a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...